Parents Where in USA to buy slim/ long pants for dd?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

RoseSparkle

Proud Parent
My dd, 11, wears a size 8 pants, but they are high waters!! Went to choose pants for class pictures tonight and they were all embarrassingly short!!

Wear can you buy girls pants in slim/ LONG?

We normally go with super skinny from childrens place but those are too short now. Not available at old navy, justice, and gap.

I need adjustable waist and length!

We Totally feel your pain. DD is 13 and just is outgrowing size 10 stuff. She was so excited, she just found a pair of 00 jeans that almost fit. They are a bit big through the waist and hip but the legs length and thigh are good.

We had the same problem right around that age and made the move from gap to Abercrombie kids. They are very slim and the legs are longer and a little more big kid style. Our biggest problem is she has pretty sophisticated taste in clothes and didn’t like the little girl stuff for very long. We have had to get creative in ways to find her big kid style in little kid clothes. Not easy and not cheap. Ugh...

She started in a size 8 slim there and that worked. She just gets the same jeans in a couple of different colors. She has great luck there and the OOs she just got are from the the adult A&F. I think this brand just runs for small people because she was swimming in 00s in other brands.

At that age we were also able to find some great name brand (joes, true religion, diesel) that fit her pretty well and she really liked the tractor brand. They were very stretchy. We could usually find some great deals on the clearance racks at Nordstrom or at the Rack (sorry, don’t know where you live or if those stores mean anything too you. LOL!)

Good luck!

My kids are all very slim, which makes buying pants very difficult. Any pants that have any chance of fitting them in the waist are *way* too short, even though my kids aren’t particularly tall.

I look very closely at style. Even though girls’ pants are often not labeled as slim, styles in which the pants are intended to be very tight fit my kids better. I buy pants that are the right length and then I alter and take in the waist myself. This is the easiest when the pants have an elastic type waist, like most athletic-type pants (leggings, yoga pants, etc.). You can add elastic to pants with a button-waist like skinny fit jeans but it is more difficult. The waist cannot be too big, or it looks weird even with the alteration.

In general, I have found it easier to buy boys’ slim pants. Lands End has boys slim pants with adjustable waists that you can specify the length. I buy these for my boys. My dd sometimes wears the boys’ outgrown pants when she needs dressier pants. This may not work if your dd is older and has hips, but so far, it works for us.

Otherwise, I end up having dd wear skirts and dresses for more formal occasions. Lots of skirts for kids have elastic waists that I can easily alter and dresses have no waist at all to worry about!

Good luck finding something!

For casual pants, we have found Athleta and Zella work best for girls who have small waists. Silly expensive, but they do hold up well. My daughter also wore size 8 when she was 11. She had a huge growth spurt in the last year and can now wear size 10, but now it is even harder to find pants that fit, especially if she is picky about styles like mine! I agree with above poster that designer jeans like Joe's work now, but my DD hates jeans and lives in leggings.

We just found Aeropostale jeans - they are stretchy, sizes 000 and up, and have Short, regular and Long. Only jeans my daughter wears now.

We have the same issues. Abercrombie Kids is where most of her jeans come from. They did change the sizing about 1.5 years ago and they don't fit as well as they had in the past (I was told by store manager they changed due to complaints that they didn't fit "normal sized kids" which stinks because that was why I bought for both of my kids there. They are both string beans!). DD has managed to work with them but they are still shorter than I would like. We also found a brand called Kan-Kan sold at The Buckle that also works. Not a perfect fit and a little bulky but workable. My DD was fine wearing Justice Slim clothing if she has to (she still wears their leggings as they fit the best) but feels like she's too old now that she's in middle school. I might have to try Aeropostale when we go on our next shopping adventure.

My DD loves Aeropostale jeans. We bought 4-5 pair when they were closing some stores and luckily they still work (she has stopped growing taller but her body is still changing). They are nice and stretchy.

My size 8 11-year-old likes Tractr brand jeans. They don't have an adjustable waist and don't come in slim sizes, but they are still long and skinny enough for her. Most of the time she wears Zella or Athleta leggings, though.

For "big kid style in little kid sizes," we have had the best luck at Nordstrom.

We avoid the adjustable waists because they create a lot of bulk around the waist, and the pants are still always too short and wide.

My DD will not wear "pants". She wears leggings in the winter or shorts in the summer. A dress for anything else. I gave up looking and trying jeans. Too many tears.

I second Justice for jeans. While some of their stuff is beyond scary, some of their jeans are quite nice.

I second (or third) Aeropostale for the long and lean. Only brand I can find that consistently has size 000. Though do note - when selecting the inseam length of Short, Regular, or Long, the 000 are proportioned shorter than 00 and up (see size chart below). I made this mistake and ordered 000 Regular, and should have ordered 000 Long. For reference, she used to wear Justice, but their "slim" is only 1 size smaller in the waist than the regular size, so it was still way too big with recent growth spurt o_O DD loves the feel and quality of the Aeropostale brand, though, so so far so good! I figure in a couple years after she fills out more, she can move up to a proper size 0 and have way more choices. But these pre-teen years are tough!
Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 5.29.12 PM.png

Hudson jeans makes some great skinny kids’ jeans that are stylish and really truly super skinny. We have not needed to get a long in these...they are just cut a lot slimmer than other brands I’ve seen!

Aeropostale's kids brand- I think it's called p.s. has slim sizes that work well for my girls.

Did they close? I used to shop online there for my son (girl got too tall), but now I don't see them anymore. They had soft, good quality clothes my son loved :(

Abercrombie. If she's a size 8, other than length, a size 10 slim should work. I would recommend the jean legging. They're not as fitted as they used to be, but still a a nice slim fitting jean.

Abercrombie. If she's a size 8, other than length, a size 10 slim should work. I would recommend the jean legging. They're not as fitted as they used to be, but still a a nice slim fitting jean.
I was going to say the same

Up a size for length but in slim.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back