Parents where to buy a practice beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hm..just trying to think back where I got mine. Gymsupply.com has great ones. I got a beam and mat combo for the girls. Good luck!:)

DH actually made one for DD. He used a 4" x 6" x 12' and wrapped it with thin foam and then with vinyl. Pieces of 2 x 4 on the ends for stability and that's it. It's mounted on stair risers so we can control the height as needed and we have an 8" mat for underneath. The whole thing cost less than $50. Here's a pic:

Last edited by a moderator:
DH actually made one for DD. He used a 4" x 6" x 12' and wrapped it with thin foam and then with vinyl. Pieces of 2 x 4 on the ends for stability and that's it. It's mounted on stair risers so we can control the height as needed and we have an 8" mat for underneath. The whole thing cost less than $50. Here's a pic:

That is really cool Shawn! DH actually thought about making a beam too, but he isn't as handy LOL.

I made one for my kids we had a 4X4 X12 I just put batting on it and then some fake suede onit and its good to go! I do need to get some blocks under it to make it more stable!

also I have seen them for sale on Craigslist

Look on ebay---some very good deals there. Got ours from a gym coach that made them in his spare time and sold on ebay. Its 8' long and does have the same covering as the ones in the gym. Guess, its about 4 yrs old and still in good shape.

we made DDs beam as well. and i am soo thankful because she rarely uses it now. cost around $50. it is covered in a suede fabric, but i padded it with 2 old yoga mats because i didn't want her getting hurt. i think that could be why she doesn't use it as much, she says it isn't exactly like a real one. not buying one of those.

i would check craigslist as well. or post an "in search of" on the bulletin board at the gym. i have seen stuff for sale on ours. ebay has some good deals sometimes as well.

We bought one from ten-0.com a few yrs ago. Heres one thats similar to the one we bought. I wish we had got one that folds up though. DD has the suede covered one. I think it was like $90 :eek:

I would not suggest the folding ones that go flat on the floor. We have one and I think it was a waste of money.

We got ours somewhere online - and actually I just recently sold it to one of the level 3 moms. Between the amount of hours she spends in the gym now and the stuff she is doing on beam - I don't want her doing it at home. Maybe some moms at your gym might be looking to unload to ????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back