Which 3 gymnasts do you think Marta will pick for each event for finals?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My guess is:

Vault: Alicia, Shawn and Bridget

Bars: Nastia, Shawn and Chellsie

Beam: Shawn, Nastia and either Alicia or Bridget (most likely Alicia)

Floor: Shawn, Nastia and Alicia. I know Alicia had issues at the qualifying meet, but her record is solid on this event. Who knows, though, maybe Marta will put Bridget in?

Will Sam and Chellsie both being injured (although I haven't read anything solid on Sam yet), it doesn't leave her with much choice, does it? I doubt she'd bring in a replacement athlete; my guess is she'll go with what she has.

My guess is:

Vault: Alicia, Shawn and Bridget

Bars: Nastia, Shawn and Chellsie

Beam: Shawn, Nastia and either Alicia or Bridget (most likely Alicia)

Floor: Shawn, Nastia and Alicia. I know Alicia had issues at the qualifying meet, but her record is solid on this event. Who knows, though, maybe Marta will put Bridget in?

Will Sam and Chellsie both being injured (although I haven't read anything solid on Sam yet), it doesn't leave her with much choice, does it? I doubt she'd bring in a replacement athlete; my guess is she'll go with what she has.
I agree- except Bridget will only compete vault. She will use alicia on Bm and FX. I do not believe that they are allowed to use a replacement athletes after competition starts.

Yup-isn't it ironic that at the final camp, they were looking for a bar worker, and now they're using the girl they picked for bars only on vault.

Yup-isn't it ironic that at the final camp, they were looking for a bar worker, and now they're using the girl they picked for bars only on vault.
Hmmm...I never thought of it that way. Very good analysis! The cookie crumbles in such mysterious ways...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back