1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which apparatus do you prefer to start competing on?

Discussion in 'Gymnast Forum' started by Ponyshine, Aug 10, 2014.

?

What piece of apparatus do you prefer to start competing on?

1. Vault

23.3%
  2. Bars

18.6%
  3. Beam

32.6%
  4. Floor

25.6%
  1. gymnast_claire16

gymnast_claire16 New Member Gymnast

USA USA
    I like starting on beam first because I am usually the most nervous about beam, and it feels good to get it over with first

2. Gymmom123

Gymmom123 New Member Proud Parent Gymnast

USA USA
    I like starting on floor because you get to use all of the adrenaline to tumble more powerful. And, I typically do pretty well on floor, so it sets a good tone for the meet.

3. Tumble_flip_fly

Tumble_flip_fly Banned Banned Gymnast

USA USA
    Oh either vault or floor, I like to get floor done cause it's tiring and fun or vault cause I kinda suck at it. Oh and I like to go 1st on floor, 2nd or 3rd on vault, 2nd on beam and any in the later half on bars

4. kassgymnast_

kassgymnast_ Member Gymnast

USA USA
    Bars, because I need a lot of energy for bars in order to hit my skills. I also normally do relatively well on bars, and then the adrenaline kicks in so i can go to beam whereas i do pretty well there too :) then after that, i go to floor which is my best event, then leaving vault, a quick event to compete.

5. Jard.the.gymnast

Jard.the.gymnast Coach Coach Gymnast

Netherlands Netherlands
    I rather start on vault because i have fear issues there. I rather end on bars, because the only time i get rips!

6. Jumpygymnast

Jumpygymnast New Member Gymnast

USA USA
    I would rather start on bars because in the beginning of meets, I'm too nervous to do well on beam, so I'd rather start on bars and feel confident, then get beam out of the way!

7. Britt D.

Britt D. New Member Gymnast

USA USA
    Floor because it's my best- scoring routine and it tends to get some of the nerves out. ;)