Which apparatus do you prefer to start competing on?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What piece of apparatus do you prefer to start competing on?

• Total voters

Ponyshine

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
Which gymnastics apparatus do you prefer to start your competition with and why? Use the poll and post below.

I don't mind too much which piece I start on, but I quite like starting on vault. But as a gymnast you really have to be able to do whatever because you don't normally get a choice on the order!

I prefer to start on beam, because I tend to be the most nervous about it and that nervousness only builds up over time.

That being said, I feel like I end up having to start on vault 90% of the time.

I prefer starting on vault the. Going to bars,beam and then floor because I need a lot of energy or bars and vault and the others are more dance.

So I didn't read the whole post and thought it was my favorite event to compete (whoops I should probably go to bed). I voted floor, but for some reason I like bars the best to start on. It's probably the easiest for me (well last season it was), so if I do well on it, it sets a good tone for the meet.

Well when I was in USAG usually beam. Now... I don't care.

I like starting on beam because that way I get beam and floor out of the way, which is good because those are the two I get the most nervous for. Plus, beam is probably my favorite event, but I do get nervous at meets, and it helps to have that be the first event.

I like to start on beam just to get it over with! And because I am most nervous for that event

I like starting on bars the best because then the last event is vault, which is typically my 'relax' event... If you can even have a relax event in gymnastics...

Interesting that so many people like to start on beam. I find that I'm most nervous on the first piece often, so I'm not sure I like starting on beam when I'm already nervous about it. Mind you I don't remember ever starting on beam first...I might have done though.

I like starting on bars the best because then the last event is vault, which is typically my 'relax' event... If you can even have a relax event in gymnastics...

I was the same until once when I relaxed too much because I 'only had vault left to compete' and went flying!! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back