Parents Who loves conditioning & TOPS?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Blackie6

Proud Parent
I am begining to think my DD is a freak. She wants to be on the TOPS team & so has been doing press handstands or trying to hold handstands all over the house & all hours of day/night. Her favorite practice day during the week is the day they spend conditioning & the coach records their progress. She's up to about 2-3 press handstands in a row now and about 18 leg lifts. While she can do many one press handstands, she is now trying to get all 5 in a row without stopping. I think she enjoys it more than the L4 routines actually. My only concern is that getting on the TOPS team will mean more hours and more money!

Is anyone elses DD like this? Maybe it's just a phase, but I can't believe how strong she got over the Summer!

My DD is the same way. You would think they would be wiped out when they get home from the gym, but she just keeps going.

When her friends come over they want to "play" gymnastics and she's more than happy to show them her stretches and conditioning program. They are able to keep up with her most of the time.

I practically have to sit on the kid to get her to relax and not to anything gymnastics related.

I agree. My just turned 5 years old DD is on "Tiny TOPs" at her gym. she can do one press to handstand, 18 leg lifts, climb the robe, one handed cart-wheels etc. She is constantly trying new things (even things she makes up) I think it's crazy but she loves it.:confused:whatever makes her happy

Your dd is a hard worker! Very dedicated! Good for her. Both my DDs are on tops and love it. LOL with your daughter being happy comes a price! I hope she goes far with it.:)

My dd is the same way. Not so much with the strength training but with other skills. She will do handstands all over the house and do her beam routine on the back edge of the couch! It's funny because when she did cheer she would pull heel streches, bow & arrows and scorpions anywhere we went and now I catch her doing her half turn and heel snap turns in the grocery store lines. She gets in her own little zone and just breaks into her routine regardless of where she is or who may be watching. LOL

DD is the same way. She LOVES the conditioning and strength training. She comes home and still wants to continue doing those things. DH thinks she is very sick. LOL

My DD hates conditioning. She did TOPS through 2nd and 3rd grade and really hated it. I'm ashamed to say I made her do it for 2 years when she didn't want to. I let the "your daughter's so talented and has great potential" speech get to my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
My DD hates conditioning. She did TOPS through 2nd and 3rd grade and really hated it. I'm ashamed to say I made her do it for 2 years when she didn't want to. I let the "your daughter's so talented and has great potential" speech get to my head.

Good Grief!!!! I guess this one's here just in case you didn't catch my first post....LOL!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back