Who watched the bar finals???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It was awesome! I think Mustafina was definitely pretty flawless today, and she and Kocian have been neck and neck throughout team finals and qualifying, so I was sitting there biting my nails like it was my kid out there or something to see how it turned out! LOL!

It was so great competition again! Mustafina was on fire! Her smile, joy and celebration afterwards was so great to watch :) Kocian did her best too. And a medal for Germany! Didn't expect that. Germany has clearly done something right with their bars training. Sophie Scheder totally deserved her bronze.

It was so great competition again! Mustafina was on fire! Her smile, joy and celebration afterwards was so great to watch :) Kocian did her best too. And a medal for Germany! Didn't expect that. Germany has clearly done something right with their bars training. Sophie Scheder totally deserved her bronze.

I was impressed by Mustafina this quad. In the past she has been an ice queen and appeared very immature and tantrum-ish (that was the image and the media played that up as well by calling her temperamental and hard to coach and talking about her diva like behavior with her coach). I thought she looked to be enjoying the competition this time. Still serious and intense before each apparatus but relaxed and smiling after....she looked like she was enjoying the experience and I was happy for her!

By the way for all those that complain about Gabbys image being unfair this is not the first time a gymnast has taken heat for their attitudes or appearances. ---Mustafina, Komova (cry baby, tears), maroney (the *****y face...she chose to run with it and laugh with everyone)......there are many more. The harder you fight it the more it sticks it seems.

By the way for all those that complain about Gabbys image being unfair this is not the first time a gymnast has taken heat for their attitudes or appearances. ---Mustafina, Komova (cry baby, tears), maroney (the *****y face...she chose to run with it and laugh with everyone)......there are many more. The harder you fight it the more it sticks it seems.

Agreed. Question is, is this a good thing for the sport?

THough it does seem that with the boom of social media this is becoming even more "in your face" than it ever was on the days of Khorkina.

THough it does seem that with the boom of social media this is becoming even more "in your face" than it ever was on the days of Khorkina.

Very true....social media has changed the game for all though, not just this sport. Every HS student deals with cyber issues unfortunately.....girls trashing each other online seem to to be the norm and they can be Nasty! Society as a whole loose their heads online and bash each other. So yes, I agree with you that it's not good for the sport.....but this sport reflects society and gabby is no more special than my friends daughter who has an entire group of girls in her own town that torment her. I'm not saying that gives anyone the right to trash talk gabby....just saying that this isn't something that only is attacking gabby and I kind of get tired of the "me against the world thing"....she (more specifically her mother) has created a Victim Image for her. I would love to see her come out from behind her mothers victim status (been playing that one since Excalibur) and blossom into a strong woman.....independent of her family's image and clinging

Watching that in replay and I was just like..."Wha?? How?" I can't imagine the arm and core strength required to keep her balance and get her legs back up. Talk about fighting for it!

I really enjoyed that final.

It truly was! I thought she handled herself very well at bar finals too....I'm sure was disappointed (who wouldn't be) but she did well keeping it together and looked to enjoy her last time competing therr

Well, Khorkina called herself a diva, said the results were fixed (even when she was subpar and messed up every landing), was quite *****y about everything. Just my 2 cents. I think a lot of it the last 3 Olympics, though, has been hyped by the media.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back