Who's doing Christmas on the Chesapeake this weekend?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

Just wondering who's going to this meet? I think I read there will be over 1,600 gymnasts competing! I can't wait to see how it's run. I'm going to try and meet up with some of you already but I was just curious if there's anyone else going. We compete Saturday morning. I think our Level 7's go on Friday and some of the upper levels go late Saturday and Sunday.

We'll be there for session 3 on Saturday. Our gym is sending all levels so the team is on the schedule for somewhere each day...Fri-Sun....

Looks like I might be able to catch you at awards....I'll be on the lookout for those pretty blue leos and the proud mom's they belong to...

Cheerleading Competition at Convention Ctr this same weekend

There is also a big cheerleading competition at the Baltimore Convention Center on Saturday also. So, be on the lookout for a whole bunch of cheerleaders as well. This may cause parking issues as well. Here is the link to that if anyone is interested:

Chick-fil-A - Charm City Dress Rehearsal | Competitions | Spirit Unlimited

Boy! Can you imagine??? Gymnasts and cheerleaders in the very same venue at the same time??? Could make for some very interesting new posts come Monday!!! :rotfl:

Boy! Can you imagine??? Gymnasts and cheerleaders in the very same venue at the same time??? Could make for some very interesting new posts come Monday!!! :rotfl:

Oh, that should be interesting. With all these girls running around I'd better bring my ear plugs!! :laughing:

We are there Saturday at 8:00 am.

There were cheerleaders there last year when we were there. Wasn't too big a deal, just lots of glitter, hairspray, and curly hair bouncing all over the place!

I'm from not too far from Baltimore originally (southern PA) and will be returning home for the Christmas break on Friday night. I would really like to make it down to watch a few sessions on either Saturday or Sunday, depending on what my family has planned for me. Not sure it will work out, but I'm going to give it a try. Sounds like a good meet with some great teams competing.
Good luck to all of the girls competing, and of course the parents. Baltimore is a fun place so I hope those of you from far away get to enjoy it a little while you're there.

I think we should do a fairy roundup as it looks like we will all be there at different times, but close together. We could pass them along to one another!

Good luck to all competing. Not looking foward to getting there by 7:30 am Saturday, but we should be done with awards by 11:00! Hope to stick around to meet some of you if possible. We may come back on Sunday for a little while if we can, as DD has a friend coming up from Viginia. If we do, we will probably by there around 11:30 or so.

Alyson!

We won't be there but we want to wish good luck to all of you who will be going! It sounds like it will be a blast! Have fun too!!!!

The meet was originally on our schedule but we were told up front that the meet was overbooked and we shouldn't make any plans until our team was confirmed:( As expected, we are out.

I wanted to go see this meet or at least parts of it but Dani has Nutcracker dress rehearsals most of Saturday and Sunday and a sleepover birthday party Saturday night. UGH--oh well, maybe next year. I will be thinking of all of you and sending all the fairies I can round up! Can't wait to hear the meet reports!!!

The meet was originally on our schedule but we were told up front that the meet was overbooked and we shouldn't make any plans until our team was confirmed:( As expected, we are out.

Our gym was out the first year too!. Our director had to move the registration up to about early Sept for us to that as soon as meet registration opened they were ready for it.

I thought the title of this was who's doing christmas on the cheapskate and I'm most definitely skint... hehe.

Sorry for extra post- Bog could you delete it please?

I think we should do a fairy roundup as it looks like we will all be there at different times, but close together. We could pass them along to one another!

Good luck to all competing. Not looking foward to getting there by 7:30 am Saturday, but we should be done with awards by 11:00! Hope to stick around to meet some of you if possible. We may come back on Sunday for a little while if we can, as DD has a friend coming up from Viginia. If we do, we will probably by there around 11:30 or so.

Alyson!

Alyson,

Our report time is 10:10, though I don't know where yet. I'm assuming the coaches will give us something tonight. I'll look out for your girls, pink leos, right?

Just found out that I'll be there as well! I won't be competing... just going to support our upper level girlies! I'll be in Baltimore tomorrow night. I should make a Chalkbucket shirt so that you all can find me. XD I'm with Arcadia... see you guys there? :)

Our report time is 10:10, though I don't know where yet. I'm assuming the coaches will give us something tonight. I'll look out for your girls, pink leos, right?

Yep, pink leos. I think they changed your report time to 10:05. There is also only a quick 15 minutes open stretch. You are in the same gym as we are, so we should see you. I don't have to stay on the floor, so I get to watch from the stands. I'll have the grey polo shirt on anyways.

Hope to "meet" you soon!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back