why aren't briefs built in to leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Even if we had the option of getting built-in liners, I would still wear briefs. I find that certain types of briefs (GK's are great) keep my leo from riding up because they stick to the other fabric, and I almost never have issues with my briefs hanging out because they're high-cut. Plus, if my leo rides up enough to show my briefs, I imagine that I'd be much more uncomfortable without that extra layer...

Maybe I'm weird, but the high-cut leos stay in place a lot better than the traditional cut ones. I also have really short legs, and anything that gives me an extra inch or two of legs is a good thing. :)

I agree I think they should be built in. I mean you have to wash them after one wear anyway so it makes no difference.

Tell that to mine! "Eh, air them out in the guest room, it'll be fine the next time you wear it..." I have some that I'm not sure have actually been washed. That I wore 8 years ago when I tried gymnastics back then. They've been abandoned in a drawer since then, and I've only noticed one with little moth holes so far!

(the ones that went into service as swimsuits, obviously, got wet more often)

Of my leotards, only *one* has a crotch liner like a swimsuit, I think it might be Motionwear? No other brand I've got has them. I wonder if sock glue (to hold up loose socks like in Japan) would work as butt glue?

For the record, I hate really high cut leotards.

I love Jillybean leotards, and I think they have a built in liner, but not the full built in underwear...

I wear underwear with my suit for practice because I wear shorts but for meets my competition leo is the pink breast cancer one that the Georgia Gym Dogs wore for one meet if you know what I mean.. but its see through so I bought a tan dance liner and I wear that under it so I don't need to wear underwear and the tan leo doesn't show under it.

You are not supposed to wear underwear under leotards. This is a very frustratng point for me. For a little child who is maybe 5 or 6 its ok but older kids, teens and adults should not be wearing underwear.

You are not supposed to wear underwear under leotards. This is a very frustratng point for me. For a little child who is maybe 5 or 6 its ok but older kids, teens and adults should not be wearing underwear.

Why? If it fits well and doesnt show. Most if not all teams at the olympics wear underwear. Leotards are too high cut now. Alot of them are not decent. If they were lower cut the high cut briefs would not hang out. Personally though I would rather see knickers hanging out than bum hanging out. Some of the NCAA photos are disgusting.

I'm a fan of high cut leo's as a former gymnast and a coach. When I wore them, the lower cut in the front went below my hip. Every time I lunged, hurdled, split, or leaped the fabric would react to the hip movement by pulling or distorting around the crotch. Not fun. The higher cut still covers the front, but didn't allow the fabric to react to hip movement. I think adding to leg length is an artistic advantage since it adds to the overall aesthetic of the lines being presented in skill performance.

I understand not liking higher cuts across the behind more. Wedgies are not attractive, but niether is that diaper bunchie look of a leo that's trying for modesty and getting foiled by the fact that gymnasts use their rear muscles. I got wedgies in both high and low cuts, so meh. If there's no escaping it I preferred to not have loads of fabric trailing behind me. It's still a hit or miss from what I see, the first thing I see most girls do after a floor routine finishing salute is mess with their leo hem as they walk off whether it be high or low cut.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back