Parents Why don’t parents protest?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is how we do it. Entry fee for gymnasts is not allowed to cost more than 30 euros per gymnast if you register on time. If you do it late then it's 60 euros.

Some gyms have started to have spectator fees and I don't like that trend. I have seen 20 euros per family or 5 euros per adult. We don't do it.

By the way, how are other kid sports in the USA? Do you usually have spectator fees for let's say soccer or base ball games?

If it’s recreational teams through the county there is usually no spectator fee, but gymnastics isn’t offered there. For travel/club teams, yes- fees are paid and they’re not cheap- for example we had fees of $20 for one person for a weekend of basketball (usually 3 games).

No spectator fees. Not for baseball, football, soccer, lacrosse, track. Not for sports. Even my daughters music programs where they are judged, no admission fees for us spectators. The expense of the judges and venue are built in to their entrance fee. I go watch for free.

I'd say that's the exception rather than the rule. Baseball has an entrance fee as a spectator - and not only that, tournaments are generally two day events, charge per day, and many venues prohibit outside food, so we're forced to use the snack bar.

I'd say that's the exception rather than the rule. Baseball has an entrance fee as a spectator - and not only that, tournaments are generally two day events, charge per day, and many venues prohibit outside food, so we're forced to use the snack bar.
I can only speak to my experience. I've been to many a game, locally and in different states. Have not had to pay. Most recent experience, a week ago. Football game, some type of Pop Warner league, no admission. Same with my godson's baseball games, a few states away. Both had food available for purchase, but folks could bring their own coolers and whatever.

I know around here kids have fundraisers for their tournaments if they make it to regionals etc... to cover travel, hotel and food costs and team entry fee.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back