Anon Why is this a thing? (leotard required)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The only time my gym let us wear leggings was one winter when the heater was struggling and it was 45°-50° in the gym. We stretched in our leggings and sweatshirts and then we were warmed up and took them off. The leggings only were allowed to stay on the coldest days if we wanted but I took them off. The gym technically has a no shorts policy but if a girl who is 10-11+ starts wearing them once in a while they assume it’s to hide a pad and ignore the shorts. I love just wearing a leotard because I have sensory issues and at the gym is one of the only places I can tolerate normal looking clothes but I think girls should be able to wear athletic leggings if they really want to!

I meant more in the way of whether those deductions are taken as often for boys/men as they are in women's gymnastics. Or is the deduction used less often because it is more difficult to see the form errors. How does a judge know that the knees are bent slightly in pants vs it being clear as day with bare legs. Toe points I get.

one a related note though, Does US Men's use FIG scoring and is that the same as women's fig? Ex. are their falls worth a full point deduction vs in DP women's where they are .5?
As far as I can tell, judges are able to see the deductions just fine.

(To be fair, the average male competitive athlete's form is much worse than the average female athlete's form)

(Also to be fair, both of the above statements are purely from anecdote/experience, and I don't know of any actual formal studies on the matter)

I meant more in the way of whether those deductions are taken as often for boys/men as they are in women's gymnastics. Or is the deduction used less often because it is more difficult to see the form errors. How does a judge know that the knees are bent slightly in pants vs it being clear as day with bare legs. Toe points I get.

one a related note though, Does US Men's use FIG scoring and is that the same as women's fig? Ex. are their falls worth a full point deduction vs in DP women's where they are .5?
Yes, the deduction is still taken on every skill, just as it is in WAG.

You can still see quite clearly if the leg is loose or slightly bent in longs. I don’t judge, but as a coach we look at leg tension for hours every day, 6 days a week, all year. We can see it even in non form fitted clothing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News