why no bobby pins?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

leapfrog

Gymnast
Judge
So, everywhere in my province (not sure if it is Canada wide) and at westerns, etc, we are always told no bobby pins. none at practice, none at competition. But no one ever says why. I have never seen a no bobby pin rule in artistic, and around here everyone just uses a whole wack of barettes and elastics in T&T, but does anyone know why are bobby pins not allowed in T&T?

I do fine with barettes, but I am growing out my hair from a shaved head/Mohawk and every piece of my hair is 4 inches long. I keep looking for easy hairdos for gym and every time I think I have found something new to try it tells me I need bobby pins. :) ah well.

My dd stepped on one (not hers) during a floor routine once and it hurt. They fall out easily for some kids. I don't like them. I sew her bun together, or just do a pony tail.

I use them in my dd's bun, but I wrap the whole thing with a hair net. We did have to stop using the sparkly accent pins. She twists too much now and they fly right out of her hair. Definitely wasn't a problem at the lower levels.

So, everywhere in my province (not sure if it is Canada wide) and at westerns, etc, we are always told no bobby pins. none at practice, none at competition. But no one ever says why. I have never seen a no bobby pin rule in artistic, and around here everyone just uses a whole wack of barettes and elastics in T&T, but does anyone know why are bobby pins not allowed in T&T?

I do fine with barettes, but I am growing out my hair from a shaved head/Mohawk and every piece of my hair is 4 inches long. I keep looking for easy hairdos for gym and every time I think I have found something new to try it tells me I need bobby pins. :) ah well.

have you ever seen an athlete that has been stabbed by a bobby pin? no?? i have.

Only alligator clips, no bobby pins in TnT. HC said b/c can get stuck in tramp mesh. We were told was a rule (nit just a gym rule but a USAG TnT rule)

Only alligator clips, no bobby pins in TnT. HC said b/c can get stuck in tramp mesh. We were told was a rule (nit just a gym rule but a USAG TnT rule)

Aah. This makes sense. I have heard that it is a safety hazard (getting it in your foot), but barettes hurt quite a bit when you step on them too, and some are fairly sharp. However, they wont get stuck in the tramp easily.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back