Why not let Laurie do bars??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow, "My point is I just don't care for Gabby"- excellent point. Of course Gabby is not a "lock" for an UB medal. No one said that, I think anywhere, ever. But having two in the UB final gives the US a better chance than having just one. Martha chose the lineup that gave the US the maximum medals chances, that's the point. Martha doesn't choose a lineup based on who she "cares for".

Relax all knowing Jedi. I'm simply stating what I would have liked to have seen. As I said Martha doesn't need any help, even from someone as clearly omnipotent as you. I kinda thought the point of this thread was to share our ideas. I didn't realize USA gymnastics was going to take my thoughts so seriously. I'll be more careful in the future. It is possible to want/prefer one scenario and understand why a different decision was made.

Relax all knowing Jedi. I'm simply stating what I would have liked to have seen. As I said Martha doesn't need any help, even from someone as clearly omnipotent as you. I kinda thought the point of this thread was to share our ideas. I didn't realize USA gymnastics was going to take my thoughts so seriously. I'll be more careful in the future. It is possible to want/prefer one scenario and understand why a different decision was made.
May the force be with you.

FYI, I was not a huge Gabby fan in London. But watching and reading people pick apart her every move during her come back - "she wasn't smiling here", "she is not a team player cuz she didn't chant USA here" - has, frankly, pissed me off and pushed me towards wanting to cheer her on to balance the negative. Cheer her on or don't. But picking apart her every facial expression and word and move, just makes me shake my head.
I agree... And her not saying go USA with the rest of the girls.... She was smiling A LOT at the time. Sometimes I am so happy and smiling that I literally cannot speak. And we have girls on our team that aren't vocal during our team cheer - hands in matters more, and Gabby had her hand in.
Its all good. She did what she was supposed to do.

Reactions: sce
This article was published by USA today and stated that Marta said that Laurie had pulled an abdominal muscle and wasn't able to consistently train bars to be able to compete them. There was another Laurie injury article from somewhere about a hamstring that was false but since they are quoting Marta in this one I sure hope they are sharing accurate information this time. I could definitely see how an abdominal muscle being pulled could affect bars performance.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ie-hernandez-aly-raisman-all-around/88378126/

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back