wisdom teeth and gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ok, so i got my wisdom teeth out on friday (it is now monday) and I'm healing really quickly but i need advice.

I'm going to gym tonight, but i need to know how much I can do.
The dentist said i was allowed going tonight, and just to stop if my mouth starts bleeding or if it hurts, but my mom says she doesn't think the dentist realizes how much pounding is involved in the sport.
Like even if you do leaps on beam and jump off the impact could hurt my mouth..?

So what do you think?
I'm obviously not going to do any tumbling or anything but how much do you think i can do?
do you think leaps and turns on beam will be alright?
Kips?
and floor dance and beam dance?

thanks for any advice anyone can give me.

I got my wisdom teeth out on a Friday, and I was doing full tumbling, bars, and beam by Tuesday. The only thing that really bothered me was handstands on floor (it took about a week before I could do handstand walks or holds without my mouth hurting), but tumbling and landing felt fine on every other skill (go figure). I'm sure you'll be fine with dance and kips on bars.

Do what doesn't hurt (assuming you're off pain meds). Did your stitches fall out yet? Are you back on solid food yet? When I had mine out back in the stone age, I didn't change anything when I went back, but I had a ridiculously easy surgery.

my stitches are still in, they are the dissolving kind.
and yes, I am eating solid food (very carefully and slowly though lol), and I am not taking T3's anymore, just advil.
According to other people who got them out I am healing really fast.

Thanks for the advice!
I think I will do beam dance and leaps etc, as much bars as I can, work on my floor routine, condition, and try not to go upside down to much. ha

thanks again :)

my stitches are still in, they are the dissolving kind.
and yes, I am eating solid food (very carefully and slowly though lol), and I am not taking T3's anymore, just advil.
According to other people who got them out I am healing really fast.

Thanks for the advice!
I think I will do beam dance and leaps etc, as much bars as I can, work on my floor routine, condition, and try not to go upside down to much. ha

Never had my wisdom teeth out..I'm only 13..but I wish you good luck! Try not to hurt too much! How about I send you the 'Goodness, I hope my mouth doesn't bleed' fairy? :)

Never had my wisdom teeth out..I'm only 13..but I wish you good luck! Try not to hurt too much! How about I send you the 'Goodness, I hope my mouth doesn't bleed' fairy? :)

haha
i think the 'Goodness, I hope my mouth doesn't bleed' fairy really helped! by the Wednesday (day 5 or 6) i was pretty much back to normal. Though my stitches STILL haven't come out yet..or dissolved or whatever.
and at gym last night i could do everything again! (thursday, day 7ish)
I even did 10 really good kips just in time for the holidays!
I have had so much trouble with kips gah (i lost my kip at the beginning of this season and have been trying to get it again) so 10 is like amazing for me!

YAY!
Glad to here that it's pretty much back to normal!
I think that anybody that gets any kind of mouth surgery is really brave!!! my brother is getting 2 of his teeth pulled nxt week!!
And congrats on ur 10kips!!!
That seems like a whole lot to me! So great job!

haha
i think the 'Goodness, I hope my mouth doesn't bleed' fairy really helped! by the Wednesday (day 5 or 6) i was pretty much back to normal. Though my stitches STILL haven't come out yet..or dissolved or whatever.
and at gym last night i could do everything again! (thursday, day 7ish)
I even did 10 really good kips just in time for the holidays!
I have had so much trouble with kips gah (i lost my kip at the beginning of this season and have been trying to get it again) so 10 is like amazing for me!

Awesome~~ Sounds like you are being very productive in the gymn field!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back