Off Topic Wisdom Teeth Surgery

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnast_Tor

Gymnast
Hey guys, it's been forever since I've posted! I'm having my wisdom teeth removed on Friday (all 5 of them... Long story...) and I was wondering, I have gym on Monday. Do you guys think it's okay to go back to gym Monday and do everything normally? Has anyone ever experienced this firsthand and can tell me what to expect?

Good luck with the surgery! I had mine out on Friday and went to practice on Monday. Most things were fine except when I did backtucks on beam the landing really hurt my teeth for some reason. So I did everything else besides that!

It really depends, it's different for each person. I know people who have bounced right back and were ready to go in a day or two and others who took weeks to get back to normal. So be prepared to play it by ear and see how you are feeling one day at a time. Be patient, take your time, and don't rush back. It's summer, so there's really no reason to overdo it.
Hope all goes well for you and you bounce right back!

Hey guys, it's been forever since I've posted! I'm having my wisdom teeth removed on Friday (all 5 of them... Long story...) and I was wondering, I have gym on Monday. Do you guys think it's okay to go back to gym Monday and do everything normally? Has anyone ever experienced this firsthand and can tell me what to expect?

I had a bad experience with mine (much more swollen and bloody than normal) but I couldn't go back for a week and a 1/2, and even then, it was a little sketchy. Ask your surgeon, they'll know.

It really depends, it's different for each person. I know people who have bounced right back and were ready to go in a day or two and others who took weeks to get back to normal. So be prepared to play it by ear and see how you are feeling one day at a time. Be patient, take your time, and don't rush back. It's summer, so there's really no reason to overdo it.
Hope all goes well for you and you bounce right back!

Yep, what she said! Most are ready to get back to normal activity by day 3 or 4, but some have the worst issues develop at day 3 or 4 (dry socket). Follow your post-op instructions carefully and play it by ear. I hope it goes very well!

Hey guys, yes y'all were right. Today is day 5, and the bleeding finally stopped this morning. But when I got to the place for surgery, to my surprise my COACH was a nurse there part time! So she got to calm me down and talk to me. I had awful and I mean awful pain because of dry socket. But now I am starting to feel much better. Fortunately, I found out Saturday that my gym, like most gyms in the USA is closed this whole week for a break! I just didn't know because they announced it Friday to my team and I was absent Friday for my surgery. (And just a side note: do NOT try to do a handstand the day after surgery :( badddd idea.) And my mother recorded me while I was just waking up and I was LOOPY. If anyone wants to see that, I'll message it to you somehow. ;)

It really depends I only had 2 and I had them out separately but while I was awake (local anaesthetic) both times there was trobbing with tumbling or excessive blood pumping around the body and was especially painful in long handstands. You could probably go back and do strength and flexibility but I think it would be hard to do much else from my experience

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back