Wish us luck - Please

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
Just looking for some luck from the 'healing fairy'. DD goes back to the Ortho on Monday to get her cast removed and her wrist x-rayed to determine if she needs another cast or not.

She is desperate to be cast free.

If ya'll could throw some "all mended" prayers our way Monday morning that would be great. Not sure I am up to a bout of sobbing again :p

Last edited:
We'll be thinking about her big time, she deserves a break (no pun intended!!!) I bet she cannot wait to scratch all those itchy bits.

Here's a; horse shoe, a 4 leaf clover, a rabbits foot & all of my fingers are crossed(maybe that explains my typos,LOL!)....LOTS OF LUCK!!!!:D

Here's a; horse shoe, a 4 leaf clover, a rabbits foot & all of my fingers are crossed(maybe that explains my typos,LOL!)....LOTS OF LUCK!!!!:D

Thanks - this whole thing has been very frustrating for her. She is not a sit around kind of girl. If she is awake she is busy. Loves to ride her bike, scooter, roller blades, play soccer. Spends more time on her hands than her feet.

Not being able to do anything but jumps and leaps for 3 weeks has been killer at the gym. I know she will not be able to go back full the minute her cast comes off, but if she can at least to some handstands and swing on the bars (bars are her favorite) I think she will be happy.

She did spend the morning doing one arm cartwheels in the local Christmas Parade w/ her teammates.

I really hope her MD appointment goes well & she can be cast free! This must be sooo frustrating to both her & you. But proper healing is worth what ever it calls for. A friend & upper level(level 10) team mate of my DD tore her ACL last season, just prior to her 1st meet(right around this time last year, come to think of it). She had major surgery & was out totally for a couple of months & then came back to just conditioning. Her mom said she was heartbroken during that time. She thought she'd never get back the skills she was losing during the loooong healing phase. She was ready to totally quit. Packed up all her trophies & medals & hid them in the closet:(. Goods news is I saw her at our mock meet a couple of weeks ago...doing her level 10 skills beautifully:D. These girls always amaze me! I do so hope your DD's recovery goes well & that her restrictions are tolerable, until she can return full force!:)

Last edited:
Well, I'm no healing fairy, but I am part Irish :) Good luck gymmomntc2e6's DD!

Awww, poor thing! She has been hanging in there so well! Prayers for a great X-Ray & no further casting needed, comin' your way! :D

Ohhhhh - you know I am sending every good luck, heal fast wrist fairy your way. Please make sure to let us know how the appt. goes. We will be thinking about her and praying for her !!!

Update

Well, DD is healing well. They were going to put her in a splint for 3 more weeks :eek: but then decided to instead give her another cast for 10 days and then she is done :D

The splint would have been nice because she could have taken it off to shower or bath :). But, at least w/ the cast we will be done sooner.

the important thing is she is healing well. She had full range of motion and no pain w/ her exam today :D

Yay - I am so happy to hear that. Aren't you glad that you took her in right away instead of the old wait and see. Before she knows it she will be back in the gym flipping all over the place :)

So glad to hear she's healing well:D! 10 more days...I can see the big red "X's" going up her calendar every day;)! At least she can see the light at the end of the tunnel:p. How is DD feeling about it?

GREAT news! So glad to hear it. Keep up the good work! Tell us when the big day arrives, and we will have a cast-removal party here on CB!:D

So glad to hear she's healing well:D! 10 more days...I can see the big red "X's" going up her calendar every day;)! At least she can see the light at the end of the tunnel:p. How is DD feeling about it?

She was a little unhappy that they had to put another one on, even though I think she knew they would. I had done A LOT of prepping her for that as I figured it was coming.

She is momentarily very excited about her new cast since it glows in the dark :cool:. Can't get much cooler than that !!!

I think she is happy and sees a light at the end of the tunnel. When I broke it down to 10 days in a cast and back to gym vs. 21 days in a splint and back to gym - she got it !!

She is looking forward to learning her Rookie 1 routines. I don't know if they have picked her floor music yet. I will have to ask. HC has been busy w/ States. The 3's were right before Thanksgiving. The 5's and 6's were this past weekend and the 4's are this coming weekend. I don't think she has had much time to think about the spring season yet. The first meet is Jan 30-Feb 1 so there is time.

Glad to hear it is healing well the 10dys will fly by.I have never heard of a glow in the dark cast ,that is too cool!

Very good news! 10 days is nothing - it will fly by!!! Especially during the holidays hee hee! Glad to hear she is doing better and will be able to get back into the swing of things very soon - pun intended :D

It glows in the dark, now that is cool! GLad everything is coming along well, hope the ten days fly by for you both. She sure is a stoic little trooper.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back