Women's AA Finals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Bronze is all I had hoped for! Congrats to USA for G & S!

You can second guess Marta all you want, but when you look at how the women not only train and improve, but compete when it counts... Clearly all the right values are being encouraged at the national team camps. What an impressive showing at their first world championships for Simone and Kyla. Bravo!

I am not sure what the difference is with the men, and I don't mean this to be offensive, but it's like their best attribute as a team is the ability to underachieve. It's very frustrating to watch at times.

People can say what they want about Marta Karolyi -- but she totally knows what she is doing!!!

yah!!!! USA Gymnastics!!!!! (I don;t even watch the men)

The men seem to always have trouble on the same events too (mainly pommel). I do think part of it might be that there are just less male gymnasts in general in the USA...so less talent to choose from.

As the proud parent of Chinese kids, they can look 9 and be much older. My 13 year is the size of a small 10 year old. People often think she's younger than her 10 year old sister. She just had a bone age x-ray and she's at least 3 years younger than her chronological age. She's still losing teeth and will probably for at least another year. I'm hoping and praying that she gets close to 5' but she'd have to grow 6" to do so. So size really isn't an indication of age.

If I remember my history correctly, the Chinese consider someone to be 1 when they are born. If that is true, do they go by that for age, or do they go by western standards? Even so looking 9 and really being 16? Could it just be that they train insanely?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back