Women's Individual AA Final (spoiler)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

even with her beam falls?

So sad..wanted to see Aly medal!
And agree...what's with the tears over a silver medal?!

Yes even with the falls. Musty's bars were fabulous. Her beam fall was really her only mistake. Aly has tons of faults on bars and on beam today. Just the grab on beam was 0.5.

Here is the official tie-breaking rules established by FIG for this Olympics.

All Around
In case of a tie in points at any place in Competition II, the ranking will be
determined by the following criteria:
1. The gymnast with the highest sum of the final apparatus scores obtained will
prevail (i.e. add the total of the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 of the highest final apparatus
scores for men / the total of the 3, 2, 1 highest final apparatus scores for
women
2. If they remain tied, the highest total E score by adding all apparatus will prevail
3. If they remain tied, the highest total D score by adding all apparatus will prevail
4. If they remain tied, the gymnasts will share the same classification.

I think that Aly's beam wobbles equaled up to Mustifina's fall.I could not be happier because i knew the ones i wanted to medal i just wasn't sure how:)Ahhh so happy!

That was a real nail biter at the end. Congrats to Gabby, that was an amazing performance!

I'm getting sick of the crying from Komova too. That girl is never satisfied unless she's on top of the podium. It was one thing when the Russians fell all over the place and emotions were running high due to those mistakes, but tonight she did fine. Gabby beat her by a few tenths of a point, it was close, the crying just makes her look like a sore loser at this point.

I feel for Aly. The Chinese announcers were saying she took an element out of her floor routine that cost her two tenths of a point, two tenths that would have won her the bronze. I guess she was playing it safe but that was really the time to just go all out.

Musty had a huge mistake on beam but keep in mind her bars score was also huge whereas Aly's was just so-so. Musty had room to make a mistake on beam, Aly didn't. I think the nerves finally got to Aly on beam, I think she was probably giving herself a lot of pressure due to the Jordyn situation.

I don't blame Komova for the tears. That's twice that's she's been so close to winning and lost.

I'm very happy for Gabby. I've been rooting for her for all year.

That was a real nail biter at the end. Congrats to Gabby, that was an amazing performance!

I'm getting sick of the crying from Komova too. That girl is never satisfied unless she's on top of the podium. It was one thing when the Russians fell all over the place and emotions were running high due to those mistakes, but tonight she did fine. Gabby beat her by a few tenths of a point, it was close, the crying just makes her look like a sore loser at this point.

I feel for Aly. The Chinese announcers were saying she took an element out of her floor routine that cost her two tenths of a point, two tenths that would have won her the bronze. I guess she was playing it safe but that was really the time to just go all out.

Musty had a huge mistake on beam but keep in mind her bars score was also huge whereas Aly's was just so-so. Musty had room to make a mistake on beam, Aly didn't. I think the nerves finally got to Aly on beam, I think she was probably giving herself a lot of pressure due to the Jordyn situation.

Aly took a tuck out of floor as she kept landing on her head in practice. Not a bonus really.

The Russians need some game face training, they come across as very bratty when things do not go their way. Musty pushed her coach away from her after her beam fall. Very ugly.

Yeah, ok, that makes total sense if she was landing on her head in training, afterall, that's a very scary place to land!

Hey Komova, you are standing on the podium receiving an Olympic medal. Try looking happy about it. I'm sure there are plenty of girls there who would gladly take your spot.

CTV didn't show the medals, will have to wait to watch it tonight.

The Canadian, Dominique Pegg, did very well. Fell on nothing and got a great AA for her.

Komova looks so bitter. But i don't think i could have handled it if Jordyn would have been competing.

Aly took a tuck out of floor as she kept landing on her head in practice. Not a bonus really.

The Russians need some game face training, they come across as very bratty when things do not go their way. Musty pushed her coach away from her after her beam fall. Very ugly.
Now that sounds like the diva attitude they were talking about. Seeing how she acted when they lost I thought she had changed but I guess not.

Now that sounds like the diva attitude they were talking about. Seeing how she acted when they lost I thought she had changed but I guess not.

It seems that behaviour is tolerated. Probably not as many great gymnasts in Russia, unlike the US, so places are more guaranteed. We all know the US girls had to earn their O team spot. With twenty girls all good enough it is never a shoo in. But in Russia things are different.

USA gymnastics (on FB) said the tiebreaker is the sum of the highest 3 events, lowest score thrown out. That doesn't seem fair! Ally had consistent scores but no WOW score, Mustifina had a low beam score that got thrown out.

From the FIG about the tiebreaker. It is the sum of the highest three event scores.

Yup it seems they changed it after Nastia lost out at the last O's. It seems no matter what they do to make things "more fair" someone loses out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back