Women's Team Final

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was so excited that Canadian website was live streaming it.... and they showed one Canadian bar routine. :(

On the other hand i actually loved the British commentator. So positive in her narrative. Refreshing change from those US people (no offence towards Americans in general I just really dislike your gymnastics commentators).

No offense taken! I caught Kyle Shewfelt doing online commentary at Pan Ams for the men's final this summer, and he was WONDERFUL. I wish some US news organization would hire him to do commentary for all men's broadcasts.

This is why I can never get behind Komova as a gymnast as pretty as she can be... There is always someone to blame, she sees herself as a victim every time and never seems to take responsibility for her mistakes - such as falling off bars and beam and the number of falls Russia counted. She is also that gymnast that drives coaches nuts, trains poorly then trys to pull it out in comp.

This!! Vika is the perpetual victim..."if only, if only"....she still hasn't gotten over the fact that Douglas beat her in the AA at London, and that she didn't medal on bars ( 5th) or beam ( last, 8th) there either...."if only" you stayed on the apparatus Vika and your team didn't have so many falls that you originally thought were amusing until you realized the GBR vaulted (literally!) into 3rd....

I was so excited that Canadian website was live streaming it.... and they showed one Canadian bar routine. :(

On the other hand i actually loved the British commentator. So positive in her narrative. Refreshing change from those US people (no offence towards Americans in general I just really dislike your gymnastics commentators).

Lol, I thought the same thing. At one point the announcer said something along the lines of "and a slight adjustment on the landing" and I thought ...hmm, if nbc was announcing it would've been "oh no, that was disastrous, that will really hurt her scores"

Lol, I thought the same thing. At one point the announcer said something along the lines of "and a slight adjustment on the landing" and I thought ...hmm, if nbc was announcing it would've been "oh no, that was disastrous, that will really hurt her scores"

Lol. I loved that "just a slight adjustment" commentary on non-stuck landings. I'm going to start using that phrase with my kids.

I also loved the announcer's calm, pleasant and supportive "Good Job" directed toward the competitor after a routine finished - even if was not going to be a top-scoring routine. It sounded so sweet and motherly. Reminds us these are beautiful teenagers/young women trying their darnedest out there and really DID do a good job even if they made some mistakes, or won't win.

So amazing to be there. Wish I was there too. Enjoy.

I am. Was here last week to visit my friends and family and this week I am with 6 CB ladies I have known for at least 6 years. Doing all the WAG finals and wandering around like a pack of tourists.

I haven't even been able to find any youtube videos on last nights performances. Anyone have a youtube link with team finals?

Holy moly off topic but anyone watching MAG finals? Could GB beat China and Japan? That would be crazy awesome

The Netherlands beat everyone on artistry for floor and beam. Eythora Thorsdottir is one of my favorite gymnasts, and I have shown many videos of her floor and beam routines to my girls. The lines on this girl are unparalleled, and her movements on floor are balletic and expressive. She is the definition of artistry in gymnastics.

I always talk to my girls about EWF (elbows, wrist, fingers) when they do arm movements, and Eythora does this the best out of any gymnast I've ever seen. All of her movements flow like water, even when she wobbles or has a mistake. Beautiful.

Fun times seeing the Russian guys out and about, saw one having a crafty fag in an alley way in full team gear. Had dinner in the same resto as the Canadian mens team, did not go over and chat. LOL

Tonight AA finals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back