won AA two meets in row *total brag alert, sorry!!*

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

bribri514

not to brag, buuuutt today i won the level 10 AA, second meet in a row. it's been a bit of a struggle to get back to this level.

i started out the season okay, but hit a rut in february, during some family drama and not too long after i had ear surgery that put pretty heavy duty tubes through my inner ear/ear canals. my already iffy beam routine got knocked off and i was having problems connecting my skills, and kept falling off at my switch side and/or sheep jump.

that meet i got a 7.1 on beam, and not much better on the rest of my events, after nailing my vault (full layout yurchenko) but landing on my face, falling on my giant on bars (soooo embarassing, esp. b/c i was able to get my double layout dismount after i got back on it but it was all screwed up too) and overrotating my double arabian full and underrotating my my double back pike at the end of two my passes on floor, resulting in ugly falls. basically things were really bad.

but i started spending extra time at practice. i watched lots of tapes with my coach to get my rhythm back on floor, i switched my sheep jump to a wolf on beam and went over it on the floor again and again until i had the confidence to get back on the high beam and put the sheep back. i had put the work in but my head was getting to me.

so last meet i came out and got (dies) a 9.9 on vault and a 9.8 on floor!!!! eeekk. i have a feeling our regular state meets aren't scored as hard as the big invites or nationals or anything, but i was still so excited. i got a 38 AA and placed first. today was our second to last meet before state and i got 1st in AA again with a 36.8. i felt just as confident as the other meet. no bobbles on beam, hit all my handstands, stuck all my landings... total cloud 9! lol

i'm just so excited i had to share somewhere (i don't want to brag to my teammates and my school friends don't understand). i don't want to burn out though, i'm hoping to take this energy into the gym and practice hard so i can really come out with my best at state and hope to go on from there.

good luck with everyone and their op season!!

<3 <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap!!!! That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you--you ROCK and totally deserve to bask in the glory of your success!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!

thats awesome! I totally get how you can't talk about it with your school friends, cuz none of mine understand either. And the teammates thing... we already have enough drama without that. I'm totally glad that you got everthing figured out after that surgery. That sounds kinda like what i'm going through right now only there's no apparent reason... But anyways, congratulations!

Thats totally awesome! I know how hard it is to come back to level 10. This year would be my first year of level 10 and I had a stress fracture in my wrist. My coaches said it would be best to go back to level 9 because I took about a month or two off. I was completely devastated and still managed to compete 10 this season. Doing level 10 and scored a 38 at the last meet and took first. Congrats and maybe we'll see each other at a meet sometime.

That's awesome!!!
It must feel great to come back so strong.
And don't feel bad for bragging, I actually really enjoyed reading this thread and hearing about all your success :)
keep it up, good luck at state!!

BriBri that is just soooo totally awsome in so many ways!!!!! A HUGE congratulations to you!!!! You are an AWSOME gymnast!!!! 9.9 on vault & 9.8 on floor, wish I could have seen those events! And a 36.8AA yesterday too, WOW! Keep it up your on a roll!!! Good luck at states, feel free to brag all you want, your CB family loves read how you're doing!

WOW BriBri those are amazing scores !!!!!!!

You should be bragging and I am glad that you shared your successes w/ your CB family. We are all proud of you. Lots of hard work and dedication have paid off. Keep up the good work.

That is awesome. Congrats on a couple of great meets.

I hope your states goes just as well!

*blushes* you guys are all way too sweet, thank you so much! *big hugs*

next year i'm going to utah state. i'm not signed with the gym team for a scholarship/am guaranteed to compete for them (b/c of the time i took off of club gym), but their coach wants me to train with them and see how things go. kinda like a walk on. i'm so super excited!!

Oh Bri that is such a great thing, you'll be enjoying gymnastics for some time to come. Isn't that where Greg Marsden coaches?

Congrats on 2 great meets in a row!!! I think Utah State will see what a gem they have once you start practicing with them and hope to see your name on their team roster next year.

We're in the same state. Are you competing this weekend(last one before states)? We are having our home meet on Sat.

I will be looking for you at states at the end of the month---would love to see that big vault and great fx!!!

Oh wow,thats great!
Hah,dont worry about bragging!Im sure everyone else would be bragging if they were if they won,I know I would

You have every right to brag! You are an amazing gymnast and have overcome so much to get back to this level of gym and you are rocking!!! You are definitely an inspiration!!

Good luck at Utah State! I am sure they will see you are an amazing girl, talented gymnast and a must have on their team. :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back