Wonder what happened to Jordan Wieber?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

I just checked the live scoring for the Visa Championships. Jordan Wieber, the junior favorite, only scored a 10.3 on Beam. Anyone there to see what happened? She's 2nd to last in the AA. Didn't compete floor at all. I hope she's okay!

According to those that know. SHe fell once on bars and then fell three times on beam, she injured herself and fell on her dismount. People are specualting that she injured her big toe and bled on the beam. Such a shame. The first group of juniors did really well, the second group, not so much. Every WOGA girl fell on beam, or should I say fell off the beam. Hopefully day two is better and that Jordyn is fine.

I just read an outline of each girls performance and did see that Jordyn fell 3 times on beam. I hope she's okay for Saturday.

On a positive note, one of our local girls (from Olivia's old gym) is currently 8th in the AA. So, I'm very happy for her. I got to know her mom quite well when we were there.

According to an interview I just read, Jordyn had a low landing in warm ups on her beam dismount. Don't know if that right before the event or in warm ups earlier in the day. They don't know what the official diagnosis is at this point. She may or may not compete on Saturday. We will have to wait and see. Hopefully she will be smart, and not compete, let it rest. Nationals is not the end all game. She will be turning senior next year, and will be eligible for all the big meets at that time. Why push it.

For some reason, I can't get the interview to play on my computer, but on Universalsports.com, the headline under the interview says:

"Jordyn Wieber struggled on Day 1 as she had to deal with injured annkles."

Not sure if gymnastics is like other sports and they don't really want to give away the injury, but that is what it looks like. My dd goes to the same gym as Jordyn and my dd was really looking forward to watching her compete. I hope it's nothing too serious.

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 jordyn is amazing and i really wanted her to win!!!!! lol..she's my favorite gymnast!

We were at the meet and when Jordyn fell on bars (on her Tkatchev that she's been doing forever!!) we all kind of looked at each other and went "huh?" but figured it was a fluke and she'd rock her last two events...but from the get go, beam was a total disaster...I believe she fell on her side aerial and side sommi and then again on the dismount, she just crashed to the mat on her face ( and from where we sat, she looked pretty close to hitting her head on the beam) ...I'm not sure if she even got credit for the dismount but it was like nothing I'd ever seen from this kid. I figured with that many falls, she HAD to be hurt...

Per reports at the meet, the blood on the beam was from a competitor prior to Jordyn and not her but she was scratched from floor in no time and you didn't see her in the arena hanging out in her warm ups. I felt really bad for her because I'm sure Marta tore her head off after the meet because she didn't have a good meet, regardless of whether or not she was injured.

On a positive note, the kid has a monster vault (Amanar) that she nailed and scored a 16.0 on her first event. After vault, we all thought that it was going to be pretty close between her and Kyla Ross who had placed first with a 57.9 in the first subdivision of the Juniors. She won't place in the Top 6 for this meet but she will probably be one of Marta's "discretionary picks" to the National Team...and she should be.:)

There's a video of Jordyn's beam at gymnastike - you can clearly see that her ancle is rolling; it gets unstable as soon as she puts weight on it (seems to roll around; looks scary and unhealthy) when she is on the beam. Seeing this I do not really understand why her coaches let her get on the beam anyway... Three falls - one to her head!... Poor Jordyn. Hopes her ancels get better soon.

Poor thing, but as Bookworm says, she'll be on the national team. The pressure these children are under is huge. They are very impressive.

I can only hope that this will help take some of the pressure off of her. She's a 15 year old kid, no reason to expect her to be superhuman no matter how talented she is and maybe this will help some realize that.
Here's to hoping she and her coaches are patient and allow any injuries to fully heal. She's so young and the Olympics are 2 years away, there really is no reason to rush, she'll be on the National Team whether she competes today or not.

I heard that she landed short on a beam dismount in the warm-ups and she hurt both her ankles. Watching the routine, she is very unstable, even on the dance moves! She did fall three time's on beam. That was definatly not a healthy Jordyn Wieber!

According to those that know. SHe fell once on bars and then fell three times on beam, she injured herself and fell on her dismount. People are specualting that she injured her big toe and bled on the beam. Such a shame. The first group of juniors did really well, the second group, not so much. Every WOGA girl fell on beam, or should I say fell off the beam. Hopefully day two is better and that Jordyn is fine.

she was injured before the meet began day 1. she tried her best but couldn't go on after beam. she'll be okay.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back