Coaches Woodward, etc

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
What are everybody's summer plans? Anybody going to Woodward/IGC/Flip Fest/etc?

I'll be coaching weeks 1-8 (except week 5) at Woodward in PA, and if any other chalk bucketeers will be there and want to introduce yourselves, feel free! Just look for a coach with poofy blond hair who spends most of his off-time juggling.

So, apparently there are more smash bros players among the staff here than I expected, so I'll have to amend my earlier statement:

If you are at Woodward PA sometime between now and week 8 and feel like introducing yourself to me, look for a coach with poofy blond hair who spends all of his free time either juggling in the pit gym or playing smash bros on a laptop outside the coffee shop.

Last edited:
Melee and Project M, and I have GC controllers and a USB adapter. If you come between now and week 8, I got you covered.

(Also, we're still looking for more staff for those weeks, so it's not too late to apply this summer)

Melee and Project M, and I have GC controllers and a USB adapter. If you come between now and week 8, I got you covered.

(Also, we're still looking for more staff for those weeks, so it's not too late to apply this summer)

I've been going to Melee tournaments since before I was coaching! Never thought I'd both in the same place.

I've only been to Woodward once, about 12 years ago as a gymnast haha. What's it like coaching there?

I've been going to Melee tournaments since before I was coaching! Never thought I'd both in the same place.

I've only been to Woodward once, about 12 years ago as a gymnast haha. What's it like coaching there?

Hard work, but loads of fun.

Weather's obnoxiously hot, though

I think I'll definitely apply next summer! Preparing for the fall season with my compulsories atm :p

I went with my new gym just this past summer as a visiting coach during week 12 and it was literally life changing! It was like a week-long gymnastics retreat! I enjoyed every waking moment, and I met a ton of great coaches, had a number of nerdy, physics-based coaching conversations, went out to the local bar a couple nights and played the biggest flip cup game of my life (10 people teams!), bonded with my new team gymnasts, visited the ropes course a bit too much, went horse back riding, trained/flipped around in all the facilities, and met some legendary-status people like Russel Warfield (National Team Choreographer) and Jordyn Wieber.

It was magical.

I may be returning for week 12, but that is subject to change. I'd love to meet the both of you!

It is Summer here right now! The kids are on their long summer vacation from school and start their new school year in late Jan.

No camps like Woodward or anything like that available, so just usual classes happening.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back