Parents WOOHOO Westerns!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Pixie flips -
We may have some time on Friday....is there a must see,a must eat, or a must do in Bartlesville?

Pixie flips -
We may have some time on Friday....is there a must see,a must eat, or a must do in Bartlesville?
I highly recommend Woolaroc. We take our kids there every year. It is an experience that never gets old and kids and adults both equally enjoy it.

Woolaroc

Woolaroc was Frank Phillips (Phillips 66) summer home about a 15 min drive outside of town. His in town home is actually across the street from our home and you are able to tour the Phillips mansion as well. But Woolaroc is an experience not to be missed. It's on hundreds of acres and as you drive to the center you pass roaming buffalo and other wildlife. There is a petting zoo for the kids. The grounds are in the Osage hills and there is a river that runs through and the land is really beautiful and green. The museum though is the crown jewel. It houses so many artifacts stagecoaches, old oil tankers, an airplane. My kids really enjoy the shrunken heads, lol! It is heavily influenced with native American artifacts and old west items. You go at your own pace. We've spent all day there but we've also had 3 hour visits.

It's only $8.00 per person with kids 11 and under free. And that includes every thing! The wildlife preserve, the petting zoo, the lodge, the museum and the cultural center. You pay at the gate entrance. They ask you how many adults and how many kids are in the car then you pay one time and have entrance to everything after that. They will give you a CD to play as you drive the land to the center it tells about the history and points of interest. It's narrated by Bill Kurtis from the History channel.

In the link I provided there a link to a photo gallery. It's only snippets and doesn't do the place justice but it will give you an idea of what to expect.

Good luck at the meet and have fun :)

Oh, I just found this 3 minute video on their site that shows what Woolaroc is:

http://woolaroc.org/videotour.php?cat=1021

Last edited:
Hmm, well here's a video from the last time our gym hosted Westerns in 2000.

2000 USAG Western Gymnastic Championships

I posted the video so that those that are going can get an idea of what the facility, that we host our meets at, looks like. Thought you might be interested.

And just a tidbit of info. The video shows Nastia when she was here for the 2000 Westerns at the end of the video doing her beam dismount.

In the video it said that last time they had a big bar-b-q banquet at Woolaroc. I'm not sure if they are doing it out there this time as well. So some may end up at Woolaroc anyway, haha!

edit: they are ;) :

http://www.level9westerngymnastics.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75&Itemid=86

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! I checked and the dinner is being held there this year too. I wish we were going but dd coach wants one last practice at our gym. I guess it is about the competition not the dinner!:( My dd is in the 1st session Saturday morning so we will be there then too. I may be just a little stressed though. I don't know where she starts because we don't know what region she is competing for. I do know she will be wearing red and black!

Thanks for the info! I checked and the dinner is being held there this year too. I wish we were going but dd coach wants one last practice at our gym. I guess it is about the competition not the dinner!:( My dd is in the 1st session Saturday morning so we will be there then too. I may be just a little stressed though. I don't know where she starts because we don't know what region she is competing for. I do know she will be wearing red and black!

Sending her lots of good luck!! That is so weird though that she will compete for another region. I wonder why they do things that way. It is strange for sure.

Good luck, mpkbt & hunde2!!! We used to live in region 1. We will be watching out for the scores of several girls we know from CA.

Have a blast! :D

We just found out she is competing for region 2...how funny! She competed in Region 2 last year but now we are in region 1....go figure!

You probably competing already but I was going to let you know that region 2 only had 4 girls in that age group but I think the color of the Leo is still your own Region.My daughter had a girl from New Mexico in her group since they did not have enough kids.she even got her phone number.

Congrats to both girls for making it to westerns - that is so awesome !!! Can't wait to hear about how awesome they did :D

You probably competing already but I was going to let you know that region 2 only had 4 girls in that age group but I think the color of the Leo is still your own Region.My daughter had a girl from New Mexico in her group since they did not have enough kids.she even got her phone number.

My dd too! Hers is from Texas. They are already Facebook buddies!

How did it go for your dd?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back