Parents Wrist bands/DRYBands question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lucia

Proud Parent
My 8yo DD was just moved into her first pair of grips by her coach. Firstly, her pride in this moment is so precious:) Secondly, she finds the terry wrist bands that came with the pair very itchy and uncomfortable. She may get used to them, but she is one of those kids who cuts out tags, is bothered by seams etc, so she may not. Is it worth investing in a pair of DRYbands this soon, or are there other comfortable wrist band options at general sporting good stores? If you do recommend DRYbands, any thoughts on sizing? She measures right at the upper limit for XS and lower limit for Small. For reference, her grips are Gibson Just Right single buckle grips, XXS. She has tiny hands. TIA!

I bought my dd dry bands thinking they would be amazingly comfortable and she thought they were just too thick compared to her regular wristbands. She never really gave them a chance. I love the less that they cover up the buckle on her grips.

She was working level 9 skills when I bought these and it seems you can’t teach an old dog new tricks!

I recommend getting the smaller size if she is on the border of two sizes.

My daughter loves her dry bands. But ultimately I think its personal preference. Not to be casual about money, but I have spent far more than 20-30 on a gymanstic related "try-out" lol

I bought my dd dry bands thinking they would be amazingly comfortable and she thought they were just too thick compared to her regular wristbands. She never really gave them a chance. I love the less that they cover up the buckle on her grips.

She was working level 9 skills when I bought these and it seems you can’t teach an old dog new tricks!

I recommend getting the smaller size if she is on the border of two sizes.
Thank you!

My daughter is on her second pair of DryBands. She likes them because her grips don't slip and have to be readjusted. She used to get rips on her wrists from the bottom of her grips and she doesn't now. They DID take a bit to get used to, but now she won't use anything else.

My daughter is on her second pair of DryBands. She likes them because her grips don't slip and have to be readjusted. She used to get rips on her wrists from the bottom of her grips and she doesn't now. They DID take a bit to get used to, but now she won't use anything else.
Good information; thank you!

Considerations for improving comfort with terry wristbands:
- Built up chalk and sweat can be irritating to some. My daughter has many pairs so she can take a fresh clean pair each day. One practice and they go in the wash.​
- There is usually one seam on the inside, and on some brands the seam is more noticeable. You could flip them so the seam is on the outside.​
- For the wristbands we buy (from DGS), we've observed that certain colors actually stay significant softer than others.​

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back