Parents Wrist bands for tiny wrists

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter got very upset when I washed her wristbands and did some things to them with honey and chalk to make them sticky and gross again. She says they slide around too much if they are clean.

Same comment as yours, something about they don't feel or work correctly.

Off topic - I was reading the 'reviews' in that link and one woman said she washes her daughters wristbands after EVERY USE!
Call me disgusting - But in my 5 years of competitive gymnastics I think my wristbands got washed twice...?
Do people really have the time to wash them after every training?
Ok, my kid must just be disgusting. I may have washed wrist bands ONCE in the 4 seasons she's been wearing them....Most of the time I can't believe how hard and crusty they are! I would just rather throw them away and buy new ones than put those sweat/chalk/whatever else gunk in my washing machine! lol. I think she's on her 3rd pair of wristbands now??

I grab them and wash them. And she gets it. Because she has had bad rips, and doesnt want an infection. We dont wash them every week...but they get washed. And she likes how tight they are afterwards.

I wash them after a competition a few times a year - that's when she brings them home and I don't give her a choice. They are gross and get chalky soon enough after washing anyway.

I wash them after a competition a few times a year - that's when she brings them home and I don't give her a choice. They are gross and get chalky soon enough after washing anyway.
The key word here is AFTER. Because watch out if you make the mistake to wash BEFORE and ruin them right before a meet. Even if you have a drawerful of brand new tight ones that could work just as well. Then you get in big trouble.

The key word here is AFTER. Because watch out if you make the mistake to wash BEFORE and ruin them right before a meet. Even if you have a drawerful of brand new tight ones that could work just as well. Then you get in big trouble.
Oh I know better than doing it before LOL.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back