Wrist Bands - What Size?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Quadqueen

Proud Parent
DD has to get grips for the first time. Her coach said to get the double buckle Reisport. I don't know what size wrist bands to order...2.5 inches or 4.5 inches? She is 8, if that matters.

Its all preference. You could order both and see which she prefers as they aren't that expensive. However, I and most girls at my gym prefer the 4.5 inch (any long ones) as the grip has more room to sit and can't cut your wrist on the other side as easily.

I HIGHLY recommend the neoprene ones. They are longer and don't slide around to cause buckle scrapes and the don't fill up with chalk. They also come in cool colors. Warning though- they fit super snug, so throw some talcum powder in dd's gym bag to help her slide them on if you do get some.

the longer the better according to my DD. She wanted the neoprene one but they wouldn't fit over her hands. If we got them to fit the wrist they were too small to go over the hands and if we got them to fit over the hands they were way too big on the wrist. So we ended up with the Ten-0 brand cloth ones. Now I'm glad we have those as they can go in the washer/dryer when they start to stink. I dont even know if they sell them anymore but they have lasted for several years and 3 sets of grips.

The 'tube' part of an old pair of sports socks works just as well!

But I agree with the others, the longer ones are the best - Our gymnasts all have the cotton, double length ones!

the longer the better according to my DD. She wanted the neoprene one but they wouldn't fit over her hands. If we got them to fit the wrist they were too small to go over the hands and if we got them to fit over the hands they were way too big on the wrist. So we ended up with the Ten-0 brand cloth ones. Now I'm glad we have those as they can go in the washer/dryer when they start to stink. I dont even know if they sell them anymore but they have lasted for several years and 3 sets of grips.

I just get Nike brand at a sporting goods store. I am pretty sure they are 6" but maybe not...Guess I should check! My daughter never lets me wash them and I did wonder if all that chalk makes them stop working....can they get slippery?? I guess since she's never complained I shouldn't worry. Thankfully, I have no idea if they smell because they leave their grip bag at the gym :)

My DD has neoprene ankle braces and they smell HORRIBLE!!! I wash and wash and I can't get the smell out of those!!

Yep, dd has the neoprene Cheetahs for her Severs. We learned FAST they don't stay in gym bag. After practice they get sprinkled with baking soda and put on back porch.

does that work? My DD sometimes leaves the braces on the bathroom counter and I can smell them as soon as I walk in the room! I have tried soaking, washing in the washing machine, Febreze, etc...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back