Parents Wrist Brace for Beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter, training level 7, broke her wrist last spring (in two places). The area near crease of her wrist can still get sore especially as she is upping her reps. She still does some strengthening and exercises but we are looking for a brace to use when on beam for support. She wears tiger paws on floor and vault but not allowed to on beam.

My daughter has worn these since about level 7-ish? and still wears them in college gym now. She never liked the feel of tigerpaws on beam. She swears by them. amazon link is below but you could do a google search for

MUELLER Sports Medicine HG80 Premium Wrist Brace

Thanks. And it doesn't bother her when bending her wrist for tumbling on beam?
no, it is very flexible but offers the support she needs. She has pretty small hands and started wearing them around age 10/11ish? - once she was doing a lot of back handsprings on beam I guess. The tiger paws were too thick at the wrist and palms. Said she couldn't feel the beam with her hands. BTW, my dd had a wrist fracture early in her career (like 7-8yrs old) and while it was a simple break, it was never the same. She routinely used tape and tigerpaws from then on, initially just for that wrist but eventually had to use for both.

These braces are only around $20 and with amazon, you can always return them if she tries them on and knows they won't work for her. If yours is really small/young, they might end up too big for her. Mine was around 10/11ish? when she began wearing them and she has always had small hands.

Mine wears Tiger Paws, on vault, floor and beam.

Not sure what’s not ”allowed”. They can certainly compete with them.

Our coach tried to tell us she couldn’t years ago. Ummm nope.
So yes, my kid wears tiger paws on everything but bars.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back