WAG Wrist Rips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Clover

Proud Parent
So far this season my DD has been plagued with wrist rips. She is a new 5 (old 6), but she trains higher level skills, uses the strap bar, etc. This is the first season she has had these rips. She tapes balloons to the rips, and is currently wearing 3 of them. The balloon trick does work. However, she keeps getting new rips on her wrists.

Does this just come with training the higher level skills or could there be something wrong with her grips, wrist bands, etc? She wears double buckles.

Thanks for your help!

I don't know for sure if wrist rips are necessarily due to trainng higher level skills. My daughter is L9 training L10 and she had her first wrist rip last night. I don't know what causes them since this is her first one, but I certainly am curious to hear what the others have to say.

after years of trying stuff, here is the latest that we have been using for both our boys and girls. AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY EVERY TIME.

after you apply them, you use the white stretchy tape to wrap over them.

http://www.amazon.com/Spenco-2nd-Skin-Squares-200/dp/B0006GE6A8

after you consider how much it costs for everything else that has been tried, this stuff is actually a great deal BECAUSE it works. there is nothing that you can do to prevent the rips and chaffing around the wrists. but use these for a few days and the affected area goes away and heals properly. and i'm telling you so. finally, stuff that works! wish it could be free!! :)

also, this stuff is made in Canada. i have the phone number at the gym on 1 of the jars. i'll post that tonight unless Bog knows who this company is and can post up the 800 number.

My daughter had a few last season. After one particular bad one that would not heal her coach suggested going down a size in her grips even though she measured a bit over for that size. It worked none all summer..Some nasty scars though..

Al Fong put up this video on how he does wrist taping a while ago.

NO, NO and NO! did you see that i posted that we have tried everything? and i have been doing this far longer than him. and with boys and girls.

do you see that he is using LATEX?!!!!!!

folks, do NOT watch this video. nothing there that will help. and for some, can cause serious damage and scarring. geesh...

Bog, take it down.

after years of trying stuff, here is the latest that we have been using for both our boys and girls. AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY EVERY TIME.

after you consider how much it costs for everything else that has been tried, this stuff is actually a great deal BECAUSE it works. there is nothing that you can do to prevent the rips and chaffing around the wrists. but use these for a few days and the affected area goes away and heals properly. and i'm telling you so. finally, stuff that works! wish it could be free!! :)

also, this stuff is made in Canada. i have the phone number at the gym on 1 of the jars. i'll post that tonight unless Bog knows who this company is and can post up the 800 number.

My Dd gets horrible wrist rips (has since level 5, she's L10 now) and she swears by those Spenco 2nd skin squares. I swear I keep that company in business. LOL!! She also uses the mole skin tape along with with them.

@dunno, I haven't actually tried this method, but found the vid interesting. Thought I would throw it out there and see what people thought.

I looked them up and it says it's a US company out of Texas. They don't even ship to Canada.

The numbers are US: 1-800-877-3626
Canada: 1-800-387-9538

neoprene wristbands help. Anyhow be sure to wash your DD's wristbands weekly.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back