WAG Wrist shift in mill circle

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does anyone have tips for the wrist shift when coming back up from the mill circle? No matter what I tell myself..it's like my hand won't move!!

Lol, no advice... YG still hasn't figured it out after three years at old L4/new L3. She has done it four times on the preschool bar, but never on the real bars. Good luck.

Take a bigger "step" into the start of the skill. It will give you more speed on the way down and maybe enough speed to swing up to the ending. Your wrists will probably then be able to shift with no problem..... unless you hang onto the bar at the bottom of the swing so you can pull yourself up.

Don't pull..... just swing and near the end reach over with a straight front leg.

Take a bigger "step" the start of the skill. It will give you more speed on the way down and maybe enough speed to swing up to the ending. Your wrists will probably then be able to shift with no problem..... unless you hang onto the bar at the bottom of the swing so you can pull yourself up.

Don't pull..... just swing and near the end reach over with a straight front leg.
My gymmie has made it back to the top... with her head and chest, but doesnt shift her wrists and falls back down. I am hoping she gets her kip so she can bypass it.

with her head and chest, but doesnt shift her wrists and falls back down

You can't finish head and chest first. It's gotta be legs first. She's probably gripping the bar to pull her self up. That doesn't work, and it doesn't work for a kip either. Just for kicks tell her to stay neutral, or get her to stay neutral by telling her to lean back and reach over with her lead leg on the way up......

Somebody may be thinking it's done like a front hip circle, but the only similarity is on the set up for the downswing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back