Parents Wrist support under grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kcanflip

Proud Parent
Anyone have thoughts or product recommendations for supporting the wrists under grips? Obviously tiger paws not an option. Do most kids just tape if needed?

A former teammate of dds wraps her wrists under her grips for extra support. She wraps with pre-wrap then with athletic tape than puts on her wristbands.

May have to ask her to try that or better yet... Get the coaches to have her do it because when I ask if that would help I get 'the look'.

My daughter uses pre-wrap and tape under her grips if she's having issues -- happens periodically.

Would pre-wrap and tape on wrists work for beam? My DD finds that after doing a ton of BHS on beam, her wrists get sore.

Anyone have thoughts or product recommendations for supporting the wrists under grips? Obviously tiger paws not an option. Do most kids just tape if needed?
Most kids just tape. We have one girl that has an Ace wrist brace that she wears under her grips. Thickness means she can't wear wristbands and even had to remove the inserts that came with her grips. It works for her.

That stretchy tape, I think it's called self adherent sports tape. It provides support but still allows there wrist to flex enough to shift and perform on bars without pin from the tape

That stretchy tape, I think it's called self adherent sports tape. It provides support but still allows there wrist to flex enough to shift and perform on bars without pin from the tape

KT tape? That stuff works great (have used for knee) but taking it off is miserable. It ripped every single little hair off her legs and she refused to ever use it again.

Would pre-wrap and tape on wrists work for beam? My DD finds that after doing a ton of BHS on beam, her wrists get sore.

If tape doesn't work, my DD has found that Pegasus wrist guards are great for beam and floor. My son used them for a little while too before he switched to Skidz, which work for pommel and provide more support.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back