Wrist supports

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

Ok I have a question on the tiger Paws style wrist supports.

My DD wrist measures almost 6" which on all of them says she is a small and if I go by the weight chart it says small too.

DD insists she is a Med. She currently has a Small size given to her by a gymnast that left for her left wrist (Dr wants her to wear it on left wrist due to growth issues). how tight should the strap be going around the thumb. should I be able to put a finger under her support. the middle strap should it come around at the wrist only or should part of it be on the thumb. She does have big hands as she needs a size 2 for her grips and we had to make new holes to make the straps small enough for her wrists.

I'm really reluctant to get the med because the size chart says weight from 115 - 150 and she is only 92 lbs. And the wrist measurments say smallest size starts at 6 1/4 inches where the small size starts at 5 3/4 and ends at 6 1/4 inches.

Em wears the size small. She is 72 pounds. I can place a finger under the palm part but not under the black wrist part. The middle strap on her's is on her wrist. Em is a size one grip. Her friend who is a size 2 grip wears the size one tiger paw as well. I would go by the weight chart, but know that you may soon have to replace them if she hits a growth spurt. They need to be a supportive fit-not too loose or too tight.

I wear a small. I probably weigh in the Med range, slightly, but small fits fine. I also have only had one pair (yearssss). I have serious wrist problems and it's cool, so I can't really see buying a whole lot of them. Even when they start breaking in you can just use one of the inserts or replace the foam. But I refuse to use new ones/break in more. I don't think the top straps should to come over the thumb but maybe I'm misunderstanding that. Even on the small I can wrap the strap over quite far though. They're broken in of course but anyway. Just measured: My wrist is 6" around and my palm from the base to finger 4". Around my hand about 7".

Getting a med is probably not the end of the world, but since they're already annoying things I would go trimmer if possible myself. Especially if you're going to use them on beam, but I just wouldn't do that at all. :)

I wear a small. I probably weigh in the Med range, slightly, but small fits fine. I also have only had one pair (yearssss). I have serious wrist problems and it's cool, so I can't really see buying a whole lot of them. Even when they start breaking in you can just use one of the inserts or replace the foam. But I refuse to use new ones/break in more. I don't think the top straps should to come over the thumb but maybe I'm misunderstanding that. Even on the small I can wrap the strap over quite far though. They're broken in of course but anyway. Just measured: My wrist is 6" around and my palm from the base to finger 4". Around my hand about 7".

Getting a med is probably not the end of the world, but since they're already annoying things I would go trimmer if possible myself. Especially if you're going to use them on beam, but I just wouldn't do that at all. :)

The middle strap hits the bottom of the thumb jiont where it is part of the palm and wrist some of it is on the wrist and some of it hits the palm where the thumb is. I think its fine but if she pulls down the to support it can be only on the wrist. The problem then is the part that goes between the thumb and index finger is sort of cutting into that skin there.

She uses them more for floor and vault the beam doesn't seem to bother her wrists not sure why. maybe its because her palms are flat on floor and vault and not so flat on beam.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back