Parents wrong age group

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So, I was at the meet last Saturday with little Bog, just hanging out with the gym moms and chatting. I don't know them all really well as we have two training groups for their level. One of the Moms asked how old my DD was, I said 8. Then I asked how old the others were, she tols me one had turned 10 in Decmeber, the others would be 10 very soon.

I was kind of shocked, but didn't say much as this was all in Freench and I don't do well in those kinds of situations.

The thing is to compete at my daughters age group you need to be born in 1998 or 1999, older than that you are supposed to be in the next group up for the 96/97 years.

Now I am sure the coach knows as all the girls have to hand in a form each year with all their details on. The girl is certainly not winning all the medals, but she could have a chance to go to the provincials in the older age group, but the younger group cannot go.

What would you do? Do I say something to her Mom, who doesn't know the ins and outs of rules, or do I tell the coach what I learned and the comp and act dumb after that.

The girl is certainly not winning all the medals, but she could have a chance to go to the provincials in the older age group, but the younger group cannot go.

What would you do? Do I say something to her Mom, who doesn't know the ins and outs of rules, or do I tell the coach what I learned and the comp and act dumb after that.[/quote]

That's a hard one. Maybe you could say something to the coach, using the fact that the conversation was in French as your reason for even bringing it up? If the situation were reversed and it was Little Bogwoppit maybe in the wrong age group with you not knowing the rules, what would you hope the other parent would do?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back