X-Cel State Meet Report and Video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
Alex had her State Meet Dec 3rd and had the best meet so far this season!
They only had 1 qualifier meet leading up to this meet and she just barely qualified to even go to states! Needed a 32 AA and got a 32.050 AA.

There were a total of 15 girls competing if you combine all age groups together and she had the highest AA score for the entire group! It was awesome to see her coming from literally last place at the qualifier to 1st place at the state meet! She was beaming!! It is the best ending to the fall season that she could have asked for!!

Was not able to video vault but she had her best vault ever 8.4 (1st place)

Her Bars was the best I have ever seen them and she was trying to straddle to handstand (did not get all the way up but was over the requirement so she had a 10.0 SV. Her clear hip was almost to handstand. (that was her goal for bars!!) 9.025 (1st Place)

Floor - her routine has come a long way (it has been tweaked about 100 times LOL) 8.80 (1st Place)

Beam - her nemesis event. Landed her cartwheel/cartwheel but fell on the full turn (still had a 10.0 SV go figure!) 8.15 (no place)

AA was 34.375 (1st Place)
Here is a link to the video on youtube

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/robnwendy521?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/VfAUo_rd2eQ[/video]

that is fantastic !! what a great way to end the season. She must be exstatic. love that she smiles through her entire floor routine. she is so graceful and beautiful jumps.

what level will she do next?

Thanks! Not sure which level she will do this spring. She may continue in X-cel in the spring but if she gets her giants on bars and her series on beam she may move to L7. She is totally fine with doing spring season as an X-Cel.

WTG to your DD. You can tell she had a blast. So happy for her. 1st AA..at State..none the less.
Love her smile...she smiles with her eyes.

Congrats! That's awesome! I'm surprised there were only 15 gymnasts total at her level! Is it really that low or did a lot not go to states? We had 75 compete Platinum in NC last year (that appears to be equal to your dd's)

I love it!!!!!! How great that she pulled it all out for state meet!!! She is beautiful! Her bars looked really good...very impressive. 1st on 3 events and AA...WOW! Congrats, congrats, congrats to her. My DD is sharing the beam nemesis issue this season also. Darn thing. When your DD gets ahold of that full turn her beam score is going to be lovely. Let us know what is decided about the level. Her tumbling is beautiful...she looks ready to be a 7! ;) In my very professional opinion.

Congrats! That's awesome! I'm surprised there were only 15 gymnasts total at her level! Is it really that low or did a lot not go to states? We had 75 compete Platinum in NC last year (that appears to be equal to your dd's)

I don't think alot of the X-cels went to the fall state meet. We have been at a couple of other meets this season that had many more x-cel girls competing. But prep-op or x-cel is kindof new to Missouri. They really only started competing it a couple of years ago. Most gyms use x-cel to get ready for L7.

I love it!!!!!! How great that she pulled it all out for state meet!!! She is beautiful! Her bars looked really good...very impressive. 1st on 3 events and AA...WOW! Congrats, congrats, congrats to her. My DD is sharing the beam nemesis issue this season also. Darn thing. When your DD gets ahold of that full turn her beam score is going to be lovely. Let us know what is decided about the level. Her tumbling is beautiful...she looks ready to be a 7! ;) In my very professional opinion.

Thanks! If only there were really tall invisible mats under the beams that the judges did not know about!!!! LOL !!

Love the smile on her face throughout the meet! Great bar routine and her floor routine is very pretty. Great job!

She looked fantastic and I loved the smile. You can really tell she was having a great time, and it was definitely a wonderful end to the season for her. I think she looks ready for L7 too!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back