WAG Xcel age range

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Typically, for a Xcel competiton, what age range is junior b?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I'm an Xcel parent, not a coach/judge), but age range groupings depend on the ages of gymnasts registered for the meet. So, this can be different from one meet to the next. I don't think there are any "rules" about these ranges, other than trying to have gymnasts compete against others of similar ages (maybe within a year or two of each other).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I'm an Xcel parent, not a coach/judge), but age range groupings depend on the ages of gymnasts registered for the meet. So, this can be different from one meet to the next. I don't think there are any "rules" about these ranges, other than trying to have gymnasts compete against others of similar ages (maybe within a year or two of each other).
You are spot on. They will decide how many age groups they're doing, and then divide them so they're pretty close to even. So for example, if they're doing three age groups for 30 athletes, the 10 youngest will be a group, the 10 in the middle, and the 10 oldest. But if they're only doing two age groups, half of that middle group would be in the youngest age group, and the other half would be in the oldest.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back