Coaches Xcel Bronze Floor Requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

k2bdeutmeyer

Coach
Proud Parent
We recently took our little ones to an Xcel Bronze meet. We ended up with a 9.0 start value on floor. Obviously, we misunderstood something in the requirements. Our routine was:

Forward roll to straddle stand
Headstand
Kneel-arch back
Stand
Leap
Pivot turn
Straight jump-Tuck jump
Cartwheel-backward roll to push up (connected)

Now, we DO know for sure that our pivot turn was part of the issue as the 1/2 turn must be on one foot.

The requirements state:

1. One acro connection

min. 2 elements w/wo flight.

2. One additional acro element
not connected to the acro

connection. May be w/wo
flight

3. Dance Passage with a
minimum of 2 diff. Grp. 1
elements (directly or indirectly
conn.)

One a LEAP w/ 60 degree
cross or side split

4. Min. 1/2 turn on 1 foot

We thought we had #1 covered with our cartwheel-backward roll, #2 with our forward roll, and #3 with our stretch jump-tuck jump and leap - then, obviously, #4 we have already taken care of by changing our pivot turn to a 1/2 turn.

Does the forward roll not count as an acro? What are we missing here?

Thanks!!

The leap needs to be connected to another dance element, like leap step hop in the level 4 routine. Also, it seems like it might be hard to connect a cartwheel to a back roll without them moving their feet around a little in between, but maybe that isn't a problem for them.

When we were at a meet and a start value was below what we thought, I just asked the judge and she told me. You can always say "do you mind if I ask...?"

It's definately #3. The leap must be included in a dance passage to satisfy the requirement. This got a lot of clubs at the first few meets, as last year 2 jumps connected satisfied the dance connection requirement.

Okay...so, once we've changed the pivot turn to a 1/2 turn is that not considered part of the dance passage in order to connect the leap to the jumps? Just want to make sure I understand correctly.

I wasn't on the floor for the meet (I'm really an ex-coach of 10+yr who subs once in awhile), and the current coach didn't ask the judges unfortunately :(

Okay...so, once we've changed the pivot turn to a 1/2 turn is that not considered part of the dance passage in order to connect the leap to the jumps? Just want to make sure I understand correctly.

I wasn't on the floor for the meet (I'm really an ex-coach of 10+yr who subs once in awhile), and the current coach didn't ask the judges unfortunately :(

You did need to change the turn, as you described, but the turn has nothing to do with the dance passage. The dance passage has to include a leap connected to another leap or jump. Here is what you need:

1 - acro connection - your cartwheel backward roll
2 - additional acro - your forward roll
3 - dance passage with 2 elements, one must be a 60 leap - this is missing
4 - min 1/2 turn on 1 foot - was missing, but now good if you changed pivot to 1/2 turn on 1 foot

You did need to change the turn, as you described, but the turn has nothing to do with the dance passage. The dance passage has to include a leap connected to another leap or jump. Here is what you need:

1 - acro connection - your cartwheel backward roll
2 - additional acro - your forward roll
3 - dance passage with 2 elements, one must be a 60 leap - this is missing
4 - min 1/2 turn on 1 foot - was missing, but now good if you changed pivot to 1/2 turn on 1 foot

Okay....perfect explanation. Thank you!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back