Coaches Xcel Clarification

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CoachV

Coach
I'm trying to clarify the requirements for my Xcel girls. All of my scel girls were Rec. gymnastics pulled from classes, so I'm abit limited with their abilities.

For Silver on bars, A cast counts as it's own skill, correct?
Currently, I have my girls doing:
Glide Swing, Pull over, Cast, Back Hip Circle, Cast Sole circle Dismount.

My question is, can I take the glide swing out and still have the 5 required skills by counting both casts?

For Bronze on floor, I have my girls doing a Handstand and then a cartwheel connected to a back roll. Does this fulfill the requirements?

Thanks for your help!

My question is, can I take the glide swing out and still have the 5 required skills by counting both casts?

Yes, it still counts as five still without the glide (pullover, cast, bk hip, cast, sole circle d'mt).

For Bronze on floor, I have my girls doing a Handstand and then a cartwheel connected to a back roll. Does this fulfill the requirements?

Thanks for your help!
I've never seen cartwheel back roll done as a series, and I don't think it would count. Series that for sure would get credit with basic skills would be side CW + side CW (needs to be done without a pivot of the foot), or handstand forward roll step out + CW or forward roll step out + CW.

I have not seen cw-bw roll, but I would imagine a cw-step together right into a bw roll would be okay, provided there is no shuffling of the feet. Though I wouldn't say it's the safest connection. I have even seen problems with the cw-cw connection if the judges see even the slightest pivot of the feet.
My bronze girls do either ro-bhs or ro-rebound-bw roll. They also do a 2nd connected pass of either hs-fwd roll step out to cw or front walkover-cw.

I'm trying to clarify the requirements for my Xcel girls. All of my scel girls were Rec. gymnastics pulled from classes, so I'm abit limited with their abilities.

Thanks for your help!

I think the cast sole circle may count as one skill (like a cast squat on). If so, then they need the glide or another cast.

For Bronze... could you change the cartwheel to a round off rebound? Because RO- rebound back roll is a series.

Our bronzes compete cartwheel, backward roll and we haven't had any problems. There is no flight requirement in bronze. We also do fwd roll, fwd roll as a second series just in case they wobble and miss the connection on the first one. Our silvers do the hs/fwd roll, cartwheel as their second pass. We have had some lose their connection because of double tapping their step foot, so make sure they have a strong step-out.

Our silvers do pull-over, cast, bhc, cast, cast to dismount. Some do pike sole circles and some do squat ons. We added the extra cast just to be sure they had 5 skills, since the cast into the dismount is not always counted as a separate skill.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back