WAG XCEL Diamond Bar requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PeanutsMom

Proud Parent
My daughter just moved from JO level 7/8 to XCEL Diamond. She is working on bar skills and I am wondering where they fit to the COP. I have looked at the sheets, but since I don't know the individual value of each skill, I am wondering if I can just list them here:
kip cast handstand to clear hip, kip pike on, jump to high bar, giant, giant flyaway (this is her current routine)

She would like to make kip, cast handstand half pirouette on low bar before transition to high bar the front half of her routine. Does this work for Diamond?

Also she REALLY wants to work her double back dismount. Is that allowed in Xcel? She would have been training that IF she was invited to level 8 in JO this year.
Thanks!

Her current routine works.
Substituting kip-cast handstand 1/2-kip-pike on on for the current low bar & keeping the current high bar would also work.

A double back dismount is a C so it is allowed in Diamond.

She's good to go with room to grow her skills!

Just want to clarify something really quick on this. She needs to keep the clear hip in the routine, even with the addition of the pirouette. Diamond has a special requirement of a circling skill from groups 3,6 or 7. Giants are not in any of those groups, so the clear hip is what is fulfilling that requirement. Good luck!!

Just want to clarify something really quick on this. She needs to keep the clear hip in the routine, even with the addition of the pirouette. Diamond has a special requirement of a circling skill from groups 3,6 or 7. Giants are not in any of those groups, so the clear hip is what is fulfilling that requirement. Good luck!!
I think you're mixing up Diamond and JO. Diamond requires a min "B" circling skill but does not specify the group it comes from. It also requires another min "B" skill that is a release, pirouette, or second circling skill that can be the same or different as the one used previously.

Source: https://usagym.org/PDFs/Women/xcel/cop_rev_100119.pdf

You are definitely correct! I looked at the Diamond requirements in the ibook on my phone and definitely thought I saw 3,6,7...but you are correct, it does not specify the groups. My bad! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back