WAG Xcel Gold Bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ashc925

Coach
Hey! Coach here. I have two girls who have been competing Xcel Silver. One has been in this level for 3 years now, and we're all ready for her to move up. Problem is, she is terrified of jumping to the high bar. She will do a squat on and stand on the low bar, but won't jump.

I know Golds can now do routines entirely on the high bar. Any ideas for a Gold routine only on the high bar? I'm struggling to think of 6 As. I keep getting only 5.
Thanks!

Are you already including two casts? She could also do something like a front hip circle. What dismount are you using? It would help if you shared what you were thinking, there are a lot of ways it could be constructed.

Pullover, cast, cast, back hip circle, underswing/tap swing, underswing/flyaway or turn.

Pullover, cast, back hip circle, cast, long hang pullover, sole circle dismount.

Two back hip circles in a row is always an option too.

Are you already including two casts? She could also do something like a front hip circle. What dismount are you using? It would help if you shared what you were thinking, there are a lot of ways it could be constructed.

Pullover, cast, cast, back hip circle, underswing/tap swing, underswing/flyaway or turn.

Pullover, cast, back hip circle, cast, long hang pullover, sole circle dismount.

Two back hip circles in a row is always an option too.
Yes! I'd thought about two casts, but I'm worried about her hitting horizontal on both since she's still pretty skittish. She has tried sole circles off the high bar before and that's what I would be leaning towards since she doesn't quite have a clean underswing into the tap swings yet. I hadn't thought about her doing a long hang pullover into a sole circle though! She just started working on those so that's something we can work on. Thank you!

I was thinking pullover, cast to horizontal, back hip circle, back hip circle, and then sole circle which is why I only kept getting 5.

My DD is doing high bar only. I'm not a coach or judge but she does pull over, front hip circle, back hip circle, leg cut in and out, cast shoot out dismount.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back