Anon Xcel gold deductions questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi,
What are the deductions in xcel gold for not completing the full turn on beam (she stays on the beam for the turn but it’s like a 3/4 turn instead of a full turn) and for stumbling on the dismount instead of sticking it? What about not having perfectly straight legs on back walkover on beam? Also, what is the deduction for legs apart on a half on vault? My daughter wants to score higher and these are the things that I can see with my limited understanding of the sport. Thanks!

Hi,
What are the deductions in xcel gold for not completing the full turn on beam (she stays on the beam for the turn but it’s like a 3/4 turn instead of a full turn) and for stumbling on the dismount instead of sticking it? What about not having perfectly straight legs on back walkover on beam? Also, what is the deduction for legs apart on a half on vault? My daughter wants to score higher and these are the things that I can see with my limited understanding of the sport. Thanks!
I'm not really sure about xcel since its a little bit easier on the scoring than JO... for JO though:

Not sure about turn.. it might not get credited, as a full turn is a requirement..
Stumbling on the dismount depends:
Short steps: 0.1 each step... large steps could be 0.2 - 0.3
Bent legs is 0.1
Legs apart is 0.1-0.3 depends on how much

Bent legs is up to 0.3
Incomplete turn is up to 0.2(if not at least 3/4 around would lose 0.5 from start value) plus any balance check following would be up to 0.3
Steps on landing are 0.1 up to max of 0.4
Leg separation is up to 0.2

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News