WAG Xcel gold question.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okay so this will most likely be my last year of competing, and I am going to compete for xcel silver. Last year, there were several girls in silver who had beautiful routines, and won most meets- the only thing holding them back from gold was their kip. This year there are a handful of girls who have only competed silver once (most people have to compete silver twice) and get to compete gold even without a kip. This seems odd and a little unfair, however, i was wondering what the deduction is of not completing a kip, if there even is one. Thanks!

Gold does not require a KIP. Platinum does. However, your gym may have set rules about what level they want to see a KIP at.

Unless a kip is usually a requirement for gold at your gym, it's very common to not compete a kip in gold. A kip is not required. As a matter of fact the golds at our gym don't usually compete kips even if they have them unless they are perfect. And a kip takes a long time to get perfect, even if you have it. Our girls who did pullovers last year in gold outscored girls all year from other gyms who did kips. I think we had one girl compete a kip last year but her's was truly beautiful and ready to compete and she did very well with hers.

Good luck this season! My dd13 competed silver last season as a 12 year old, and this season is slated to compete gold - without a kip. She's working on it, but there are ways to get the start value without it, so that's what her coaches have done.

Hope you have a fun and successful season!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back