WAG Xcel Gold Skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi. I am a Xcel silver gymnast. I just moved up from bronze in January, but I might move to gold next year. My gym is going to an unsanctioned meet on may 7 and we have a chance at competing at a higher level. I know I need my back tuck on floor, but I don’t know what other skills I need. Here are my skills:

Vault
Fhs and half on over resi or stacked mats. I scored a 9.55 on vault before.
I can vault a front handspring over the table on my own, but I’m scared sometimes.
Bars
pullover
back hip circle
sole circle off low bar
squat on
long hang pullover(inconsistent)
kip
Beam
half turn
inconsistent full turn
handstand
cartwheel
back walkover on low beam and high beam with a spot
split jump
leap tuck jump
round off dismount
front handspring dismount
aerial dismount
Floor
round off back handspring
round off back tuck on tumble strip, or tumble track
front and back walkover
front tuck on tumble track
inconsistent aerial
double back walkover
front handspring round off
front handspring to two feet
round off 2 back handsprings

It seems to me that you won't be ready to compete gold in May, but with summer training could get there for next season. You would have to vault over the table, and gold also requires a discount from the high bar, in addition to a horizontal cast and two circling elements. A full turn on beam is also required. I would talk to your coaches about what they think.

if you can progress pretty quickly I think you could be a lowish scoring gold by may or if you can apply corrections well and have a good work ethic you could probably be a decent gold next season

For gold you need at least a front tuck on floor, full turn on high beam, either a quarter on or front handspring over the table.
But whatever level you compete I wish you luck :)

For gold you need at least a front tuck on floor, full turn on high beam, either a quarter on or front handspring over the table.
But whatever level you compete I wish you luck :)
You don’t need a front tuck, you can do 2 connected flight skills. But a front tuck would make it easier to for getting your difficulty. (Some gyms might require a front tuck for gold)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back