WAG Xcel Nationals for 2018?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It says on the registration link it will be for all levels and you do qualify at your regionals. Interesting!
It seems so late for a meet though- ending on July 1.

That is really late. Our regionals aren't until the third week of May; I wonder if any other regions are even later. Our regionals are only for Gold and up at this point...

It says on the registration link it will be for all levels and you do qualify at your regionals. Interesting!
It seems so late for a meet though- ending on July 1.

I saw that! It seems a number of places don't allow Bronze to regionals (region 1 now included- they used to have Bronze there) so most Bronzes will be excluded. Do all regionals even allow silver? Do all regions now have a regionals at all? So many questions!

I saw that! It seems a number of places don't allow Bronze to regionals (region 1 now included- they used to have Bronze there) so most Bronzes will be excluded. Do all regionals even allow silver? Do all regions now have a regionals at all? So many questions!
Yes! Good questions! I don't believe all Regions do have Xcel Regionals? I know in NY it was really hard to make! Maybe they will standardize it more with Nationals?

Maybe they put this out there NOW so that the Regions CAN make sure they have a Regional Meet AND that they allow Bronze-Diamond :)

Maybe they put this out there NOW so that the Regions CAN make sure they have a Regional Meet AND that they allow Bronze-Diamond :)
Or they'll allow you to qualify to Nationals from States like USAIGC does? And I love the Bronze Diamond idea in IGC. Has Xcel toyed with that idea or is that yours, @raenndrops ?

Or they'll allow you to qualify to Nationals from States like USAIGC does? And I love the Bronze Diamond idea in IGC. Has Xcel toyed with that idea or is that yours, @raenndrops ?
The information I read said that qualification is from REGIONALS :(.
Xcel has not toyed with that idea… but they are considering a 6th division (or sub-division of Diamond… basically for former L9/10s where they would be allowed to do D/E skills).

Attachments

• Xcel Nationals.jpg
    Xcel Nationals.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 94
The information I read said that qualification is from REGIONALS :(.
Xcel has not toyed with that idea… but they are considering a 6th division (or sub-division of Diamond… basically for former L9/10s where they would be allowed to do D/E skills).
So they must be making Regionals for all Regions? And I did hear about the higher than Diamond division. This is for another thread, but I wonder how popular it will be. USAIGC Premier is L9/10ish, but it doesn't look like too many kids do it. There were only 10 Premiers at Worlds last year.

So they must be making Regionals for all Regions? And I did hear about the higher than Diamond division. This is for another thread, but I wonder how popular it will be. USAIGC Premier is L9/10ish, but it doesn't look like too many kids do it. There were only 10 Premiers at Worlds last year.
I know that last I checked, all regions were planning to have Regionals by 2018.
Region 2 and Region 3 were both pursuing Regional "Invitational" meets, which was a pre-cursor to a "real" regionals in other regions.
And I don't know how popular it will be, but Region 6 REALLY, REALLY wants it, lol. They had over 1000 athletes registered in Platinum and Diamond as of the May 2016 meeting. They were concerned with difficulty restrictions.
Currently:
Region 1 Regionals = Silver (34 at State), Gold (33 at State), Platinum and Diamond (32 at State)

Region 2 - No Regionals yet. Only 2033 total Xcel gymnasts and more than half of them are in Washington State (1046). Idaho has 563, Oregon has 345, Montana has 54 and Hawaii has 25.

Region 3 Regionals = Gold - Diamond (34 at State… or IES 9.0 at State - must declare IES status when entering State Meet).

Region 4 Regionals = Bronze and Silver (35 at State), Gold - Diamond (34 at State).

Region 5 Regionals = Silver and Gold (35.5 at State), Platinum and Diamond (35.0 at State)… or 9.0 IES at State for any Division.

Region 6 Regionals = Silver - Diamond (At State, top 7 gymnasts in each division make up the state team. An additional 60 qualifiers in each division will be selected on a % of a % formula based on State Xcel Membership as of 2/1/17)

Region 7 Regional INVITATIONAL = Gold (35 AA during the season), Platinum - Diamond (34 AA during the season or 9.0 IES), Bronze-Silver ("Showcase Sessions" on a first come, first served, limited space available basis).

Region 8 Regionals = Bronze and Silver (36.50 at State), Gold and Platinum (36.0 at State), Diamond (36.0 at State), all divisions can petition to Regionals if they missed state with a score 1.00 higher than the State qualifying score.

I know that last I checked, all regions were planning to have Regionals by 2018.
Region 2 and Region 3 were both pursuing Regional "Invitational" meets, which was a pre-cursor to a "real" regionals in other regions.
And I don't know how popular it will be, but Region 6 REALLY, REALLY wants it, lol. They had over 1000 athletes registered in Platinum and Diamond as of the May 2016 meeting. They were concerned with difficulty restrictions.
Currently:
Region 1 Regionals = Silver (34 at State), Gold (33 at State), Platinum and Diamond (32 at State)

Region 2 - No Regionals yet. Only 2033 total Xcel gymnasts and more than half of them are in Washington State (1046). Idaho has 563, Oregon has 345, Montana has 54 and Hawaii has 25.

Region 3 Regionals = Gold - Diamond (34 at State… or IES 9.0 at State - must declare IES status when entering State Meet).

Region 4 Regionals = Bronze and Silver (35 at State), Gold - Diamond (34 at State).

Region 5 Regionals = Silver and Gold (35.5 at State), Platinum and Diamond (35.0 at State)… or 9.0 IES at State for any Division.

Region 6 Regionals = Silver - Diamond (At State, top 7 gymnasts in each division make up the state team. An additional 60 qualifiers in each division will be selected on a % of a % formula based on State Xcel Membership as of 2/1/17)

Region 7 Regional INVITATIONAL = Gold (35 AA during the season), Platinum - Diamond (34 AA during the season or 9.0 IES), Bronze-Silver ("Showcase Sessions" on a first come, first served, limited space available basis).

Region 8 Regionals = Bronze and Silver (36.50 at State), Gold and Platinum (36.0 at State), Diamond (36.0 at State), all divisions can petition to Regionals if they missed state with a score 1.00 higher than the State qualifying score.
Please be more thorough. LOL ;)

In GA last year, I think we had only a few Diamonds, this year was 14-20. I think there is not enough even to go to Regionals. Won't know until the schedule comes out.

In GA last year, I think we had only a few Diamonds, this year was 14-20. I think there is not enough even to go to Regionals. Won't know until the schedule comes out.
The schedule is out. There are 30 Diamonds competing outside of the "State Teams" … and based on the fact that all the other divisions have 48 on State teams (Bronze-Gold) and there are 64 in the Platinum-Diamond Team meet, I am guessing that only 2 states have Diamond Teams (16 girls are competing for Diamond State Teams).

Region 1 had 42 diamonds at regionals this year (plus four scratches), ranging in scores from 38.55 to 32.075.

Last year there were 20 diamonds (no scratches) at regionals with scores from 37.95 to 33.225.

It's definitely growing!

Region 5 hasn't had their meet yet… but they are doing State A and State B teams for Silver, Gold, and Platinum and State A teams for Diamond. They did that last year too.
For the All Stars (Not on State Teams):
Diamond: 16 all from Ohio and Michigan… 33.200 - 36.025
Platinum: 108 … 34.025 - 36.850

State Teams:
Diamond: IL had 6, IN had 3 (but one scratched 3 events), MI andOH each had 7 … 33.100 - 37.000
Platinum A: 4 teams of 7 (no Kentucky Team)… 33.325 - 37.025
Platinum B: 4 teams of 7 (no Kentucky Team)… 33.725 - 37.450

This meet is listed in the sanction system as an Invitationl, meaning it is not an official National level championship meet. I am not sure what to make of the statements in the meet info about "qualifying" for the meet at Regionals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back