Parents Xcel Platinum Beam requirement

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cjfparent

Proud Parent
My daughter is competing Platinum this year. She had a beam routine for level 6 but due to injury is doing Platinum instead.
Will her beam meet platinum requirements?
Regular mount
Full turn
Split jump- straight jump
Bwo-bwo
Back tuck dismount

I know she needs a B skill - since she’s doing bwo-bwo series instead of bhs, does she need a different dismount?

From seeing other routines it seems to fulfill requirements but it was mentioned it may be missing something.

Thanks!

Everything looks fine except the missing B skill. I don't think there's anything wrong with her dismount.

If her split jump is consistently 180. A straight jump 3/4, straddle or pike jump (that hits 180/horizontal I think?), and a tuck jump half are the dance ones I know. A press handstand is too.

My daughter is competing Platinum this year. She had a beam routine for level 6 but due to injury is doing Platinum instead.
Will her beam meet platinum requirements?
Regular mount
Full turn
Split jump- straight jump
Bwo-bwo
Back tuck dismount

I know she needs a B skill - since she’s doing bwo-bwo series instead of bhs, does she need a different dismount?

From seeing other routines it seems to fulfill requirements but it was mentioned it may be missing something.

Thanks!
A split jump is a B. Can she just do 2 of those?

Thank you - I didn’t realize a split jump was a B skill. The coach told her since she was doing nonflight series she needed a B.
Other girls do bhs and a different dismount - They all do split jump.
If split jump is a B - she only needs 1 for platinum. And she has all SR needed.

Thank you again!

That's good to know...I wonder if my kid hits that...(I think not reliably.)
135 is really not that big. Looked for a pic but really don’t like posting pics of other people’s kids and don’t want to run into copyright issues so did a stick figure drawing of what my eye sees as barely 135. The biggest worry usually is the up to 0.2 deduction for not getting to 180 for JO Optionals (Xcel gymnasts only need to hit their levels special requirement for split to avoid this deduction).

Attachments

• C1AA057A-1102-474B-AE54-79445D650D45.jpeg
    C1AA057A-1102-474B-AE54-79445D650D45.jpeg
    826.8 KB · Views: 39
I love your picture! :D I really didn't think she was getting that until maybe this summer, but I looked at a couple videos and maybe she is. Sometimes I think it would be fun to judge when my kids are grown, but I don't think I'll ever be able to see things clearly when they happen so fast.

I love your picture! :D I really didn't think she was getting that until maybe this summer, but I looked at a couple videos and maybe she is. Sometimes I think it would be fun to judge when my kids are grown, but I don't think I'll ever be able to see things clearly when they happen so fast.
Yes, the speed is one of the hardest parts. Good general rule of judging is the split is almost always a little bigger than you think(cast is higher than you think etc). It’s virtually impossible for the eye to catch the absolute max(usually catching it on the way up or down) so always give a little bit of benefit of the doubt to the gymnasts.

Wow thanks. I went searching based on this discussion and found in both Xcel code and nawgi - 135 degrees appears to be the magic number to get B value. Good to know. Boy everything sure is clear as mud haha

Wow thanks. I went searching based on this discussion and found in both Xcel code and nawgi - 135 degrees appears to be the magic number to get B value. Good to know. Boy everything sure is clear as mud haha
I know. So..many...rules. For JO optionals special requirement and value part recognition(A, B, C , D etc), within 45 degrees of 180 is the standard. Xcel has its own rules for meeting special requirement(within 20 degrees, since the requirements themselves are smaller) but is the same within 45 of 180 for value part recognition. As you said, clear as mud.

If my kid does a straddle jump on floor for her B (assuming she makes Platinum), does the same 135 apply?

Like one leap pass a day will be amazing - 180 - and then the rest...not so much.

If my kid does a straddle jump on floor for her B (assuming she makes Platinum), does the same 135 apply?

Like one leap pass a day will be amazing - 180 - and then the rest...not so much.
Yes the same within 45 degrees of 180 for elements with split requirement applies to value parts on both beam and floor. (To get credit for whatever value that element is given on that apparatus)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back