Parents Xcel to College Reference

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I do see there are quite a few threads on here regarding this topic.
However, I was looking for information from the NCAA itself and fell short regarding Xcel specifically.

Is there another source I should be looking at? Or is it by the skill base at 9/10/elite that would best be used for as a reference?

Most threads say you need to be Xcel Diamond and have the skills of a 9/10 to be considered for a potential scholarship and of course there are the clubs as well which look at equally fun!

Could you clarify what you are asking? Are you asking if there is a path to college scholarships for xcel gymnasts? Or path to college club teams? Or are you asking more technical question like what skills are required? What information were you looking for from the NCAA?

Could you clarify what you are asking? Are you asking if there is a path to college scholarships for xcel gymnasts? Or path to college club teams? Or are you asking more technical question like what skills are required? What information were you looking for from the NCAA?
My apologies. To clarify , I was searching for any information regarding any path scholarship or club from xcel to college. The NCAA (from my search) does not mention “xcel” gymnasts but does mention skills on one of their links on the website.
In short, any tangible information regarding xcel to college of any path scholarship or club is what I was searching for.

I am new at learning about college gym paths but from what I know, I think it would be difficult to get a spot in any NCAA program, even D3, from Xcel (unless one had been L10 or something previously, then maybe a D3 might work?). Club would be fine from Xcel. This link shows the list of colleges that have club gymnastics. https://www.naigc.net/club_list.php
What I don’t know if there is a resource for and would be good to know would be which if any clubs have more structure, coaching, equipment, practice hours. Some practice about 4 hrs per week with no coach and paying for time in a local gym. Maybe other people know more.

For any inquiries I have done, mostly related to D3 schools in my area, I have only seen one Xcel girl so far on a team. I am sure based on the location of the school and college there was a connection that got her noticed.

For Div 1 and 2 I would expect only L10s at the very least or perhaps a L9 with either a particular amazing event along with connections that got them noticed.

I am new at learning about college gym paths but from what I know, I think it would be difficult to get a spot in any NCAA program, even D3, from Xcel (unless one had been L10 or something previously, then maybe a D3 might work?). Club would be fine from Xcel. This link shows the list of colleges that have club gymnastics. https://www.naigc.net/club_list.php
What I don’t know if there is a resource for and would be good to know would be which if any clubs have more structure, coaching, equipment, practice hours. Some practice about 4 hrs per week with no coach and paying for time in a local gym. Maybe other people know more.
Thank you. I have read on all forums a variety of answers (most leading the same S3 or club) and that was my main reason I wanted more direct from a tangible source.
I appreciate the response.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back