WAG Xcel to jo

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnast.m23

Hello! I’m am currently an xcel gymnast, and competed xcel platinum last season and I’m training diamond. I started gymnastics at the age of 3, and the gym that I started at didn’t have jo, so I started in the xcel program and continued with it. Although I have just completed platinum, I have most of the requirements for level 8 now (giants, free-hip handstand, pirouette, tusk pike, bwo backhand spring, standing tuck, ro tuck dismount, switch leap, fhs front full, back full, front layout front tuck, etc.) Will any gym let me switch and compete on their level 8 team? Also, at 13, would I be an extremely old level 8? Would I be able to switch from practicing 9 hours a week to 25? Thanks ‍

The only way to find out if they would let you onto a JO team is by trying out for those teams. 13 is not old for level 8. I would encourage you to ease into harder training to avoid overuse injuries. Also, the conditioning is probably a lot harder at the start.

You are however not allowed on here until you are 16. Good luck on your gymnastics journey!

The only way to find out if they would let you onto a JO team is by trying out for those teams. 13 is not old for level 8. I would encourage you to ease into harder training to avoid overuse injuries. Also, the conditioning is probably a lot harder at the start.

You are however not allowed on here until you are 16. Good luck on your gymnastics journey!
Thanks for your reply :). I have only joined to ask this one question because I believe I will have an EXTREMELY hard time getting my parents to agree to this and I need all the arguments I can get.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back