Parents YMCA team gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Anyone have experience with the YMCA team. We are looking into it, and so far I like what I see. I would like to hear from some people who have had children invovled in this. Thanks!

I would love for them to have YMCA gymnastics here. They used to have a team, but the Y of our area decided that gymnastics was too competitive and not what the Y wanted. ?????

I like that they generally practice less hours and still get to do what they love to do, gymnastics!

I can't help w/the YMCA gym question, but you may want to post this in the Q&A or chalk bucket area as there are a few YMCA gymnasts that frequent the CB that I am certain will be quite helpful:)

btw welcome to the chalk bucket!

We belong to a YMCA in Stuart FL and love it. We are different from most Y's however, in that our coach is Russian and our other coach is a level 10 judge, pretty uncommon at a Y. Also, the team is pretty exclusive and has up to level 10. We love the team atmopshere and the support you get from being part of a big organization.

My daughter competes for a YMCA team and we have been very happy. She's a Level 6 working on going to Level 7 and practices 15 hours a week.

We have a large team of about 75 girls ranging from Levels 3 to 9, plus we have some Prep Optionals. Most of the girls compete both YMCA meets and in a number of USAG meets.

Her team is pretty competitive but the team atmosphere is also wonderful. I think there's a great balance of hard work but lots of fun too. I also have to contribute that to the coaches as well as what the Y stands for.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back