Parents you know you are a gymnastics parent when...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

....when you have to keep reiterating that the back of the couch is NOT a balance beam??? :cool:

that was pretty much my entire weekend....

Hey, I've said that before about the coach and the footboard on my bed too! Also, when I have to keep getting on my youngest to stop doing handstands, cartwheels, and routines wherever we go.

These are great!!! I didn't expect so much feedback! Keep them coming, I'm going to type them and hand them out at gym. Thanks everyone!!:D

I find myself having the "you're not a coach, you can NOT spot your friends" conversation over and over and over . . .

and "we do not do gymnastics at friends houses - it scares the parents!" LOL

. . .When someone asks you how long you can hold your breathe your reply 1 minute and 5 seconds, because that's how long your DD beam routine is!

....if you think the five food groups are Meet, Vegetable, Fruit, Milk and Grain...

Hey, I've said that before about the coach and the footboard on my bed too! Also, when I have to keep getting on my youngest to stop doing handstands, cartwheels, and routines wherever we go.

OHHHHH, you know that's right! The best was when:

we were at my son's Christmas musical for school...dd, dh and I walk in and the bleachers are PACKED. Some of our friends had thankfully saved us some seats....(keep in mind that dd had just had her 5th birthday 3 days prior)...

Anyway as we walked in, dd went flying across the school gym: run roundoff 3 back handsprings...I WAS SO EMBARRASSED!!! She just did it out of NOWHERE and with no warning or preempt of any kind! And there were so many people there. My husband and I were in total shock and we just stood there paralyzed. Tons of people started whistling and clapping and cheering for her - and I totally wanted a bag for my head. I went and grabbed her and we went straight to our seats...I could say nothing more than "don't ever do that again...we are in public!!!":eek:

No kidding, I accidently mentioned that the ballet was helping her gymnastics, the ballerina mommys did not think it was funny.

HA HA - no kidding.

How about when you hear you are moving you look for a new gym before you look for a new home.

OK that is classic, I am there right now, my non gymnastics cousin can not believe I am searching for a house based on the vicinity to the gym. 5 min drive to gym I am BUYING!!!!!!!:)

....when you won't let your dd get a short haircut because you know that it will be too short to put in a ponytail and then she can't wear her coordinating scrunchie at competitions!!!!!

• You find yourself doing 'full turn, hitch kick, aerobesque' in the kitchen
  • If you dont have a balance beam in your house you have tape marks on the floor
  • Your DD has used the monkey bars on the playset to practice kips
  • Your friends think you and your husband talk in a secret language "DD Fipped a Tsuk, landed a flight, turned a piriouette on top of the bar, landed a double full"
  • There are 5 seasons in a year, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall and Meet Season.
  • You plan vacations around meet season.
  • You are more worried about what DD's Coach would say if she got hurt, than her actually getting hurt.

....your dd wakes up in the morning with a cold and you say "honey, just stay home from school and hopefully you'll feel well enough to train this afternoon" :eek:

Sparky

....your dd wakes up in the morning with a cold and you say "honey, just stay home from school and hopefully you'll feel well enough to train this afternoon" :eek:

Sparky[
lol!! I have done that on more than one occasion!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back