Parents you know you are a gymnastics parent when...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

love this!!!!

...when the door handle and passenger side interior of your car is covered in chalk!

• You plan vacations around meet season.
  • You are more worried about what DD's Coach would say if she got hurt, than her actually getting hurt.

Our coaches let us know when we can plan vacations...

And I can't tell you how many times I've said to my dd, "Be careful, your coach will be ticked off if you hurt yourself doing (whatever activity she might be doing outside gym that could cause injury)"

The librarian at your gymnasts school tells you that he has ordered 11 new books for the library that are all gymnastics related because of your daughter.

These are hilarious!
Totally identify with the Ballet comments our teacher is 70 years old and known as the dance guru. Pure RAD! She often comments about my DD's schedule when trying to plan an extra lesson: I don't even have a chance do I?
Also am guilty as charged for sick from school but off to gym. If DD misses gym she's very ill!
To add: when DD's only "boyfriend" is Gym and your future grandchildren are Ariel, Matt and Kip!

When you actually buy bleacher cushions to sit on at meets.

When you use your camcorder more than a wedding photographer in June!

If you've ever argued with a teacher about why your child can't finish a report because she has a meet.

-snowbound

When you take your daughter to the pediatrician for some serious illness and he doesn't seem to be too concerned. Instead, he looks at you likes you are a child abuser after examining her ripped up hands!

When you take your daughter to the pediatrician for some serious illness and he doesn't seem to be too concerned. Instead, he looks at you likes you are a child abuser after examining her ripped up hands!

haha! I know what you mean about funny looks from doctors. My dd had a stomach bug last year and as the doctor was feeling her tummy he kept asking her to relax her tummy. She kept telling him , "it IS relaxed!, that's my muscles!"

i was too young to really remember it but my Mum always used to tell this story to the other gym Mums:
I went to a ballet class with my best friend from school who adored it. My Mum came and watched my first class to make sure I was alright being left on my own and at the end I turned to the other kids in the class and said very loudly 'I hate ballet its so boring and girly- i'm only being forced to come here to help with my gymnastics!' cue my best friend being very upset and my Mum being very embarrassed and apologising to all the other Mums on my behalf! :p

Also my Mum always had to tell me I couldn't wear my leo and warmups to school on 'own clothes day'!

I too have had healthcare workers give me the evil eye when they see dd's hands!

...you have to save your paid leave at work for gym meets.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back