Younger DDs first Prep-Op meet this sat.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Good luck to your dd!!! Sometimes the smaller meets are more fun because the kids don't feel as much pressure and they can relax, let go and have fun performing! Tell her to go out there and strut her stuff and have a blast!!! :)

Good luck! I hope it goes well for her. I agree about smaller meets - definitely much less pressure.

Best of luck, tell her the most important thing is how much fun she has at the meet. All the other stuff is just fluff!

Thanks everyone! The meet was ok, kind of low scores across the board, so it was consistent. My dd did a nice floor routine but was "stumbly" so it didn't look as petty as it could. Her beam routine was beautiful! She stuck everything--cartwheel, back walkover, split jump, tuck jump 1/4 turn, and full turn and tuck dismount. Got the highest score on her team! 8.700. Her bars was not pretty, but her toe-on dismount was beautiful. All in all a good day. Her gym had 12 AA champions for levels 4, 5, prep 1 and prep 2. Our levels 2 and 3 also did very well, but i don't know how they placed except level 3 team won 1st. They were great.

Missed this earlier. Glad it went ok. Sometimes its crazy how the scoring goes. As long as she had fun, that is what matters.

Today was my younger daughter's second prep-op meet. She improved her AA by a point (yay!), and didn't score a 6 on bars, LOL! That was her goal, so she got a 7.700. And again, her beam was beautiful until she fell on her full turn. Got a 8.750 with a fall!! If she could glue her feet to the beam, she could get a 9.5. Her floor was ok and her vault was pretty good. Her team is not very competitive, but for the most part do alright. They are having fun and love gymnastics, so I'm proud of them and her. For her, the best part is going out to eat with her friends. (I kind of like that part, too)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back