Your favorite routines (Olympics)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymisforeveryone

Coach
Judge
Post your favorite routines here! And please if possible, not only US gymnasts. They are awesome for sure and everyone knows their routines by now so I would like to hear people's thoughts about other countries' less known gymnasts.

My new beam favorite is Flavia Saraiva from Brasil! And I love Giulia Steingruber and her vaults are usually amazing! I also loved the Turkish gymnast Tutya Yilmaz. I had never even heard of her before but she was wonderful on beam and I also loved watching her after the routine - she was super happy! :)

Oh I'll have to go through that again, I feel like I missed half of the routines because of the five year old bouncing up and down on my bed screaming "Here goes Spain, Greece, France ..." followed by a daring dive roll over or on my legs and a dramatic evalutation of the "routine"
But I was totally awed by Lopez incredible bar routine! I had no idea she could deliver a bars set like this!

Yep loved the Dutch girl's beam. Loved the 16y yr old Brazilians beam. And loved Laurie's beam. Hell, those 3 made beam seem like they were on the floor....

My mom (oblivious to the minimum age requirement) thought Flavia Saraiva couldn't have been any older than 13 :rolleyes:

From "Elle"...

Saraiva is a true "carioca," which means she's a native of Rio de Janeiro. She started gymnastics at nine, which is relatively late for the sport, at a "social project," which is sort of like the equivalent of a community center in the U.S. where kids from low income families can get involved in sports and extracurricular activities. Saraiva was spotted by gymnastics coach Georgette Vidor, the Brazilian Gymnastics Confederation's coordinator for women's gymnastics, when the gymnast's mother brought her in. Fast forward seven years and Saraiva is ready for her Olympic debut.

For all those worried about their 4 year olds progress ;)

http://www.elle.com/culture/news/a38345/flavia-saraiva-brazilian-gymnast/

That's simply amazing! They seemed to have so much fun competing and I'm super super happy to see the team in team finas!!And I will definitely use this as an example for the coaches who think that if you start at 8 or 9 your train has already gone years ago. And that happens all the time, and I'm not talking about future Olympians. We should give more opportunities to more gymnasts if we ever want to have a gymnasts competing in the Olympics. Opportunities to the disadvantaged children, to the older children, to the gymnasts with limitations...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back